The Baron Dominic:

Annette:

There were very few things that bothered Annette, she normally tried to keep her perspective on things fairly optimistic, but... Traveling with her estranged Father who completely abandoned her and her Mother, leaving them behind for her Uncle to care for, well... That bothered Annette a lot.

In some ways she understood why her Father had left them behind, it was his own form of self- punishment for being unable to save the Royal family, well aside from Dimitri of course. But still, didn't he think completely abandoning his family was a bit excessive?

In Faerghus there are two common ideals held by almost everyone. Chivalry and honor, and her Father abandoning them was neither of those things. It was times like these that Annette questioned that system, it was severely flawed to a point, during her times at the monastery she found herself agreeing with Felix's stance on the matter, however she would never dare be as vocal about her doubts as he is.

Annette watched her Father, he was walking ahead of the group with Claude beside them, knowing Claude he was probably trying to pick his head for any information of value.

Annette looked over at Sylvain and Ingrid they were engaged in a conversation that had been going on for a long while, Annette didn't even bother to try to figure what it was about she wasn't really in the mood for conversation either way.

Well, it's not like any of the others really wanted to talk to them. Annette thought maybe it was her own insecurity and uncertainty at first but after a while she realized that the others most definitely went out of their way to avoid a conversation with Annette, Ingrid, and Sylvain. Well aside from Claude and Lysithea.

In all honesty Annette didn't blame them for it either.

The whole Gronder Field situation left a bitter after thought in their minds and many still had trouble being around each other, the trust they all once held for each other had been disregarded and tossed into the wind when they left alongside Prince Dimitri in the middle of the night.

And they really hadn't had much time with one another to prove that they were apologetic for that, sure it probably wasn't as bad as it could have been especially after the mess at Derdriu, but...

It was still awkward, nonetheless.

Annette shook the thought from her head, right now there were bigger things to worry about, like for instance the fact that her Father might be right about her Uncle giving her their families Hero's Relic. She was certain given any other circumstances her Uncle would have given Annette their Relic but... If her were to do so it would bode horribly for House Dominic.

Cornelia and Lady Rhea would view this as an act of aggression from her Uncle, which would lead to them attempting at seizing their property since House Dominic isn't exactly a major house.

The only way that Annette could think of for getting the Hero's Relic would be to fight for it, but still... Having to fight her Uncle?

The man who raised her after her Father abandoned her, it felt like a slap in the face to him.

But if he couldn't give her the Relic then... Fighting each other would be the only option left, and Annette needed to bring that Hero's Relic back. It was the least she could do as someone who bares the power to wield it.

Annette had failed to realize that she remained staring at her Father and Claude, and much to her horror Claude turned around and met her gaze with a wink and a smile. And to make matters worse Claude left from Annette's Father's side to walk beside her.

"Hey there Annette" Claude said in a sing- song voice, "Couldn't keep your eyes off me? eh?" he said teasingly.

Annette felt her cheeks grow flush, yeah right as if! "No!" Annette said defensively "I just zoned out" she added.