The Master Tactician:

Byleth:

Byleth had been asleep when she was abruptly awoken by a loud banging. "What the hell?" Byleth said aloud. The banging continued, then realization hit Byleth that it was someone was knocking (Very rudely) at her door, she glanced at the window, it was still dark out. Byleth slowly got up, she was still exhausted, but her uninvited guest didn't seem to want to leave, so she had no choice but to answer it. Byleth made her way to the door and unlocked it, then swung the door open.

A male figure stood glaring down at her from her doorway.

Great, Dimitri.

"It's always a pleasure seeing you Dimitri" Byleth said sarcastically, normally she wouldn't have tried to provoke Dimitri, but in all honesty, she was too tired to really care how he would react.

Dimitri just continued glaring down at her, then he walked in and slammed the door behind him. "What were you thinking" Dimitri growled at her finally, after what felt like centuries of him just staring.

Byleth tilted her head in confusion, "Uh, care to elaborate a bit more on that?" she said, what was he going on about now, she wondered.

"Don't play coy" Dimitri shouted, "Claude told me you left into Imperial territory" he added.

Dammit Claude, Byleth thought. So much for the discretion she asked him for, and out of all people Claude had to tell, it just had to be to Dimitri, since he wasn't you know threatening to march himself into Imperial territory to behead Edelgard just a few moons ago.

"Why does it matter, I had something I needed to do" Byleth said.

Dimitri frowned, "What if you had gotten killed" he said.

"Dimitri, I'm not helpless" Byleth said, "Also I had Lysithea and Sylvain with me" she added, she paused for a moment "I thought you didn't care if we died" Byleth challenged, "You've made it quite clear that we are all just means to an end for you" she shouted. "You don't even see us as people do you, just weapons of war" Byleth said " We're disposable to you" she added.

Dimitri's frowned deepened, "You're not allowed to die until I have delivered Edelgard's head on a silver platter" he hissed, "I need your assistance with avenging the dead" he added.

Byleth let out a sarcastic laugh. "How noble of you" she said bitterly. She shook her head, "No" she declared "I have told you countless times, I don't intent to assist you in your futile attempt at revenge" Byleth hissed.

Ok, maybe she shouldn't have said that. Dimitri clenched his fists, "Futile?" he growled "Maybe it would have been successful if you hadn't gotten in my way" he hissed, "This could have been over in the Holy Tomb, five years ago" he shouted. "But no, you had to side with Edelgard" Dimitri hissed, "And you still side with her, due to your personal vendetta against the church" he mocked. "This war is your fault" Dimitri shouted, Byleth flinched at his words.

Byleth felt rage boiling inside of her, "Maybe so" she said "But the deaths of our friends and those around us will be your fault" she hissed, "Dimitri, you are so blindsided by your revenge why can't you understand that" Byleth shouted.

"I don't care" Dimitri said.

Right, he doesn't care. This conversation holds no meaning to him, he won't leave here thinking that maybe he is taking things too far. Dimitri will leave exactly how he came in, and there is nothing Byleth can do to change that.

Byleth shook her head, "I know Dimitri, you don't care" she said "I get it, you've told me countless times already" she added. "I'm done Dimitri" Byleth said "Get out" she shouted as she opened the door.