Deception:

Dimitri:

Dimitri laid on his bed, hours passed and still sleep evaded him. It's not that the dead were bothering him at the moment, it was Dimitri's own thoughts that plagued him.

It was about what Claude had said while they were in Byleth's room thinking of a plan that would help them spare Mercedes's Brother. Claude mentioned that they had been trying to find methods to spare them, and it struck Dimitri they really did not want to fight them. They must have known that the situation in the Kingdom was far more dire than theirs and that it wasn't even an option to spare them. Dimitri had walked onto that field ready to kill whoever crossed his path, and he did.

Dimitri rubbed his face and groaned. How could he have been so stupid. Of course, they had been trying to spare them, that's all Byleth would talk about, how to make it so everyone lives.

Ok, sleep isn't going to happen then. Dimitri sat up and got out of bed, he needed to clear his mind. Dimitri got up and began to wander the grounds of the monastery, he ended up at the training grounds.

And to Dimitri's surprise he wasn't the only one who was there, Jeralt was there having a go at one of the training dummies. Jeralt looked at Dimitri, "Hey there kid" he said and stopped swinging his lance "Don't you have to leave early?" he asked. Dimitri nodded, "Jesh, still have trouble sleeping?" he asked.

"Yeah..." Dimitri sighed.

Jeralt frowned at him, "Alright, give it up" Jeralt said "What's wrong?" he asked.

Dimitri lowered his head, "I was thinking about everything that Byleth and Claude went through to ensure that they didn't injure anyone from the Kingdom" he said softly.

Jeralt nodded, "Yeah, I remember" he said "Those two were hell bent on making sure all of you made it out of that battle" Jeralt added.

Dimitri nodded and rubbed his forehead, "So I've heard" he sighed "And while we were in the Kingdom all we did was plan how to kill them" he spat.

Jeralt placed his hand on Dimitri's shoulder, "Dimitri, thinking of those things will get you nowhere" Jeralt said "Sure you guys planned to kill them but you weren't able to" he said "Everyone is still alive and well" he added.

Thanks to Byleth, Dimitri thought and nodded his head, "You're right" he said "Thank you Jeralt" he added.

Jeralt nodded, "Listen Dimitri I know that a lot of you are going to be gone, and I wanted to ask please make sure Byleth doesn't push herself too much" he said "And that you both come back in one piece" he added.

Dimitri smiled, "We will Jeralt, I swear I won't let anything happen to her" he said.

"Good" Jeralt said then patted Dimitri's shoulder, "Now go and get some rest, you have a long trip ahead of you" he said then went back to swinging his lance at the training dummy.

Dimitri turned around and left from the training grounds, the air of the monastery had a chill to it, but it was nothing like the chilly air of Faerghus.

Faerghus... Oh how much he misses his home.

He'd never really thought about it in the five years that he'd been on the run, sure he knew that that wrenched Woman stole his homeland from him, but he never really thought about it. The cool nights in Fhirdiad, his Father... Dimitri sighed.

He tried to remember anything about him, but all that came to mind is his last words telling Dimitri to avenge him, all of them. And to think Patricia was behind it this whole time, it's devastating.

All of Dimitri's life, his Father's closest friends Rodrigue, Margrave Gautier, Count Galatea they always told Dimitri how his Father was such a good man. But... Dimitri wishes he would have gotten to see that for himself, gotten to know him more and seen it for himself. All that he has of his Father left is the verbal berating from the ghost of his Father.