Gronder Field, Part One:

Warning:

Contains fighting and death

Byleth:

Byleth was playing out strategies in her head, chances are Gronder Field hasn't changed much in the five years, so her memory serves as an advantage to her.

The only disadvantage was that it was the same case for Dimitri's and Edelgard's armies. They both already knew what to expect.

"It's kind of weird thinking about how the Battle of the Eagle and Lion prepared us for this day huh?" Claude said.

Byleth glared at him, "Claude, now isn't really an appropriate time for that" Byleth scolded.

Claude shrugged, "Sorry" he mumbled "I was only trying to liven things up" he added.

Byleth frowned, "Claude, I don't think we should exactly be too thrilled at the moment" she said seriously "We are fighting against people we care about, there is nothing joyous to be gained from this experience" she added.

"I know, I know" Claude sighed "I was just trying to help..." he mumbled.

Byleth felt a tad bit guilty about having scolded Claude, he was just trying to liven the moral around here.

And to be honest, it wouldn't hurt if he did.

Byleth sighed, "I'm sorry Claude" she said "I know you meant well" she added.

The two rode in silence beside one another for a while, "Byleth... I hope everything goes according to plan" Claude said softly breaking the silence.

"I hope so too, Claude" Byleth sighed "I just wish... that it hadn't come to this" she added.

Claude nodded in agreement, "Hey, Byleth I almost forgot" he began "I think I finally got down using silent" he said.

Byleth smiled, "Alright try it on me then" she said.

"will do" Claude replied then began his attempt at casting the spell on Byleth, "Ok try your magic now" he said with confidence.

Byleth aimed at a nearby shrub and was able to cast her fire spell at it, she looked over to Claude while shaking her head "Maybe next time" she teased.

Claude groaned "I swear, I was able to do it earlier" he said, "Dammit" he cursed.

Byleth shook her head and attempted to stifle a laugh. For a moment it proved to be a good distraction, but realization struck Byleth.

They've arrived at Gronder Field.

"We're here" Byleth said softly.

Claude's smile fell from his face, "It appears so" he said "Do you think they're here already?" Claude asked.

Byleth shrugged, "I don't know" she replied "Come on let's go to the front and see" she added and dismounted from her horse then began making their way through their solders.

They managed to get the spot that the Blue Lions had claimed during the Battle of the Eagle and Lion...

Byleth looked around, across the ravine to the right was the Imperial army.

There was a lone figure in all red in front of them, Byleth's stomach felt in knots.

Edelgard.

At last.

Byleth closed her eyes briefly, finally they have their chance to fix things.

On the left side of the field was Dimitri's army.