One Year Later:

Dimitri:

A year has gone and passed.

Fodlan has been healing during Dimitri's reign, there is still much to do but regardless their once war-torn nation is healing.

Dimitri watched as his friends came and left from Fhirdiad one by one, each of them ready to begin their lives once again.

"Your Majesty?" a pompous lower noble called out "Did you hear a word I said?" he asked.

Dimitri sighed and looked to the noble, this was his least favorite part of being King.

Dealing with nobility.

Dimitri enjoyed when his citizens came to him to hear their burdens and troubles but the nobility... They were horrible.

There were many that had been trying to use his new power to their benefit to try and gain favor by lavishing gifts upon him.

And then there were nobles like this one that tried to gain favor by other methods.

"I heard you," Dimitri said in a stern tone.

The noble nodded his head, "So, what do you think Your Majesty?" he asked "Surely my Daughter will prove to be a worthy candidate for your hand" he said.

Dimitri heard a chuckle coming from nearby, he looked over and saw Jeralt leaning against one of the pillars watching the scene unfold before him.

Dimitri leaned back in his throne, and just stared at the nobleman before him. The audacity he had to come before him and try to throw his daughter at him, "No" Dimitri said bluntly.

The nobleman frowned, "Your Majesty... I think you should reconsider" he said "My daughter comes from a noble line" he began but Dimitri cut him off.

"Not much of one," Dimitri said coolly.

The noble frowned, "Your Majesty, your current Fiancée has not been in court for a year!" he said "Not to mention the fact she comes from who knows where" he added with a pleased look on his face.

Dimitri frowned, "You mean the granddaughter of the former Archbishop?" he rebutted.

"The one who attempted to destroy Fhirdiad?" The nobleman said.

"The one that Byleth risked her life to kill and stop her reign" Dimitri said firmly "Tell me, was your daughter chosen by the goddess?" he asked coolly "Does your daughter even bear a crest?" he questioned. The noble was silent, "How dare you question my choice, trying to offer up your daughter as a prize to sway it" Dimitri snarled "Get out of my sight" he commanded.

The noble looked as he was about to protest, but a hand fell on his shoulder.

Jeralt's hand, "Come with me, you've said more than enough" Jeralt said and began guiding the noble out of the throne room.

Dimitri sighed and leaned back on the throne.

How dare they.

Jeralt returned as soon as the noble left from the room, "You doing alright there kid?" he asked.

Dimitri nodded, "Yes... They are just irritating at times" he sighed.

"You miss her don't ya?" Jeralt asked.

Dimitri nodded, "Of course" he said.

"How long has it been since she's written to you?" Jeralt asked.

Dimitri sighed "A bit over three moons" he replied, "And you?" he asked.

"About the same," Jeralt said.