Enbarr Strategy Meeting:

Byleth:

A few days had passed since their return to the monastery. Things were finally starting to get into routine once again after the whole Fort Merceus incident. No one quite knew what to do and how to progress from that point onward.

There was one thing that wouldn't stop bugging Byleth about that whole ordeal with those... Javelins of light.

Why Fort Merceus?

In a sense it made sense to Byleth. Perhaps they destroyed it so whatever stronghold their army had they wouldn't be able to use it, but... Why go through the hassle of fighting them in the first place if they have the means to cause such destruction. Why not simply attack while everyone is gathered at the monastery?

It didn't make sense.

Although Byleth supposed she should be glad that they have yet to attempt such an attack on the monastery.

But it is still unsettling to say the least knowing that they have that type of manpower at their disposal and have the ability to unleash it upon them whenever they please.

It disturbed Byleth, and she was certain it was affecting the others as well.

Byleth sat up in her bed, it was morning. Today they were going to have a strategy meeting to discuss everything that had transpired at Fort Merceus and how they were going to continue from that point forward. She was also certain that they would be discussing Claude's ties with Nader. While it didn't really bother Byleth others were less ok with it.

Byleth is certain Hilda is more hurt by the fact Claude didn't tell her about his ties then the fact that he is an Almyran.

Today is going to be a long day.

That is something Byleth is certain of.

Slowly but surely Byleth gets out of bed and dresses into her armor then makes her way to the dining hall.

The dining hall wasn't too packed with people. Byleth saw Caspar and Hilda dining together but decided against joining them. She instead sat across from a lone Bernadetta.

"Hello Bernadetta" Byleth said as she sat down, "Is it alright if I join you?" she asked.

Bernadetta stared at Byleth with wide eyes for a moment, but quickly calmed down "Yeah" she said "Sorry, I'm just surprised you want to eat with Bernie" she added.

Byleth tilted her head in confusion, "Why wouldn't I want to?" she asked.

Bernadetta shrugged, "I don't know, I just figured you would want better company is all" she replied.

Byleth frowned, "Bernadetta you are good company" she said sternly.

Bernadetta's eyes grew wide and she smiled softly, "Thank you..." she whispered. Byleth nodded and the two didn't chat much, neither were quite talkers but it was peaceful sitting with her.

After Byleth finished her breakfast then began to head to the strategy meeting. The walk to the Cardinal's room was painfully quiet for Byleth and when she got inside it was no better.

Which was bad given the fact that Claude and Dimitri were the only two people in the room at the time. Both sat across from one another but didn't speak.

"Hello Claude, Hello Dimitri," Byleth said as she approached the long meeting table.

Both turned their heads to Byleth, "Hey there Byleth" Claude said.

Dimitri nodded his head, "Good morning, Byleth" he replied.

Byleth walked further down and took a seat one chair away from Dimitri, "It's really quiet in here" she said "Were you both arguing?" she asked.