°4°

Him being this close to me is so...heart shaking. My heart is beating vigorously. He's so beautiful. His blue eyes are gleaming so brightly, the golden irises dancing around the pupils. I have an urge to brush his hair, but I keep my hands to myself.

"So...tell me." I start the conversation.

He smirks at me, and oh my. I think I'm suffering from Rollercoaster Syndrome! Man, does he look hot!

"Tell you what?"

I'm blushing.

"How are you?"

Okay. I just had to ask that because, that's how a conversation starts?

"I'm fine." He answers briefly. I notice a small flash of pain in his eyes, but as fast as it has come, as fast as it has gone.

"You don't seem fine to me."

His jaw and fists are clenched, and he closes his eyes. "And why do you care?"

Why do I care? Boy, he has no idea.

"I just do."

He pinches the bridge of his nose, and I notice the little freckles scattered there. Oi! I have never seen them. He's an Adonis.

"Listen here, Amara-"

"It's Alana," I giggle. I know he is just pretending that he doesn't know my name. Trying to keep his bad boy vibes in check. Hehe.

"Thanks for helping me, but I don't need your help again. You just caught me in a vulnerable time, but this won't happen again."

Okay, those words definitely hurt. I could feel the tears brim in my eyes.

"I just...like you a lot and...I want to be in your life."

Then he bursts out laughing and a few minutes later, I join him. His laugh is just contagious. Why are we even laughing?

His head is thrown back, and eyes closed. I wish I had a camera right then.

"You are not serious, girlie. You don't even know me. We've never talked." He smirks.

And that smirk again. This time I want to slap it off.

"That doesn't mean that I can't admire you." I answer, cheekily.

"You are one weird girl, Ariana."

"Just perfect in God's reflection, and I'm Alana."

"There's nothing like God in this world. We all survive on our own." He chuckles dryly.

He is uncertain. I can tell from the unsure words his voice portrays. I know that I have a lot of work to do.

"Is that what you believe?" I ask.

"Yeah."

"Wow. Just wow."

"Yoh, listen. I know what I believe and I believe in what I know. God doesn't exist. What kind of God let's his people suffer?"

His jaw clenches and unclenches, when he says that. I can see the façade that he keeps on. And it's eating him up.

Underneath that perfect face, is an imperfect lonely man, with imperfect issues. But we are all imperfectly perfect.

That's what he fails to realize. I have given God countless reasons not to love me. None of them have been strong enough to change him. And if he did it for me, I'm sure he would do it for Everett too.

For we should be perfect in our imperfections, happy in our pain, strong in our weaknesses, and be beautiful in our own way- because God is on our side.

ʘ‿ʘ

End of chapter 4...vote comment and share.(ʘᴗʘ✿)