°37°

"What have you just said?" Everett asks.

"I kinda ... Umm... Sorta... Told my mom that we are dating?" I blab.

Everett starts laughing. "And are we? "

"Umm...? "

He continues laughing. "What time should I pick you?"

"I mean, you said that you love me, and I said the same. So aren't we... Wait... What?"

He snorts. "What time should I pick you, Lana? "

"8 am is okay. Just wear something comfortable. "

"Okay. I'll call you later in the evening. I'm not going to attend my classes today, have to sort something out. "

"I understand. See you later. "

I prepare myself and wear my usual style of clothing: ripped knee buggy jeans, with a matching hoodie. I love it when my hair is up, so I tie it into a messy bun. I apply some lip gloss on my lips since they dry up quickly, then head to Campus.

Ava and I haven't really talked much, though she's been filling me up with what's going on with Oliver. They are dating, how cool is that? I totally shipped them all the way.

My classes go on as usual, but I find myself missing Everett. I'm wondering what thing he's sorting out.

Brittney is still spreading some sneaky rumors about me and Everett, which I completely ignore. I dare not say anything because I'm not the judge of us all. Love is kind. I must be like Jesus and walk on His paths.

He was afflicted, yet, he did not open his mouth.

*
I'm done with the day's classes. My phone rings, and I pick it up. It's Ava.

"Hey," I answer.

"Hey, girl. You at home, yet?"

"Still in school. I wanna leave right now. Why?"

She lets out a sigh of relief. "Come to my place. There's something I want us to do. It's important."

"Okay. Be there in ten."

Something seems off about Ava today. And let's not forget Everett. I drive to her place and pack my car outside her apartment.

Ava opens the door before I even have the time to knock. Okay...

"So, what's up?" I ask.

"You have to wear this dress and I'll do your hair. Time is running, sit...just sit there."

Okay... what's happening?

"What's the occasion?" I ask jokingly.

"You'll find out after you're ready," she answers.

I take the dress and rush to the bathroom to wear it. It is a striking dark green superior designed formal dress and the entire attire is plain with cute rosettes appliques. It has mini type sleeves and the natural waistline. The pattern of the neck is designed to look like a boat neck.

 The pattern of the neck is designed to look like a boat neck

Ava rushes in and gives a shoe box. I open it and gasp in awe and horror. They are nude lace strappy studs stiletto platforms.

 They are nude lace strappy studs stiletto platforms

"Ava?!"

"What? What's wrong?"

"I can't walk in this. Do you want me to break my feet and be a cripple all my days? "I whine.

"Stop being a drama queen, Al, and wear them. You are already late. "

Sometimes my life is so difficult.

Ava does my hair and applies some mini make-up on my face. The doorbell rings and Ava stand up abruptly. Okay...

"You go open that door," she instructs.

"And the shoes?" I whine.

She glares at me, and if looks could kill, I'd be 6ft. under. I whimper and walk towards the door, then open it.

And there in front of me is Everett. In a tuxedo. What?

"Someone better tell me what's happening or your heads will be in my room all day!"

I hear Ava gulp from behind me, while Everett looks at me with that beautiful smirk on his face.

Alana is so clueless! 😂 I personally love the dress and shoes:,-)

Anyway, next chapter will be interesting. EverLana till the end.

Can you smell the end of the story? I sure can. But not yet, almost there.

I have written another short story on my page. It's called This Jesus That I Know Of. Very nice story, please look into it and vote, comment and share^_^