°8°

"Wait, wait. Let's rewind this, okay?" Ava pleads.

I huff and roll my eyes.

"You just said that he called you, at the middle of the night. To do what again?"

"To help him sell his mangoes, Ava. Of course I'm kidding, to bail him out of jail."

I've been repeating this story since forever.

"And he spent the night?"

"Of course. I bailed him out at the middle of the night, remember?"

"And he agreed to come with you to church?"

"That's what I said."

"That's wonderful news."

"I know. So, we've wasted like 20 minutes here, we need to go for praise and worship."

"Oh. I'm so sorry...I forgot?"

"Ava May Maxwell!"

"Ugh, fine fine. Let's go."

We walk to church since it's only a few meters from my apartment. And there it is- Hope Of the World Baptist Church. My favorite all-time place.

We are supposed to meet up today for the praise and worship rehearsal.

"Hello ladies," a familiar voice greets.

"Hello, Pastor Kent." Both Ava and I answer.

"I see you are up early today."

We both laugh. "We thank God. Have the others arrived?"

"Yes... In fact, we are two minutes late. Go on ladies and do your best."

"We will, Sir."

The group has already arrived and guess who was supposed to lead and is late? Me.

"Sorry guys. Umm...so we had two choices of songs. Broken vessels and Even when it hurts. Which one do we go with?"

"Broken vessels is better. I don't know what this feeling is, but I feel that God wants us to sing it on Sunday." Bryant says.

"I agree," Shirley backs up Bryant's idea.

"I feel that too. Okay. We all know the song, so we'll just polish it up. All set?"

They nod.

"Okay. Let's all get in the spirit and allow God to take control of our hearts."

All these pieces
Broken and scattered
In mercy gathered
Mended and whole
Empty handed
But not forsaken
I've been set free
I've been set free

Amazing grace
How sweet the sound
That saved a wretch like me
I once was lost
But now I'm found
Was blind but now I see.

Oh I can see you now
Oh I can see the love in Your eyes
Laying yourself down
Raising up the broken to life

You take our failure
You take our weakness
You set Your treasure
In jars of clay
So take this heart, Lord
I'll be Your vessel
The world to see
Your life in me

(Chorus🎶)

Amazing grace
How sweet the sound
That saved a wretch like me
I once was lost
But now I'm found
Was blind but now I see

Amazing grace
How sweet the sound
That saved a wretch like me
I once was lost
But now I'm found
Was blind but now I see

"That was nice guys. We'll end this session, please may we pray. Our God and Lord of all, we thank you for this beautiful day that you have given into us. Thank you for letting your Holy Spirit guide us in this session. You are God over all, and you deserve all the glory and praise," I pause, "And in Jesus' mighty name I pray, amen."

"Amen."

For it is written, for where two or three are gathered together in My name, I am there in the midst of them.

ʘ‿ʘ

Chapter 8 and there it is. Don't forget to vote, comment and share.(ʘᴗʘ✿)