°40°

Everett chuckles and turns to me. "Apparently, I'm not a stranger to this family anymore."

I give him a fake glare. "And how come?"

"The match, remember?"

"Was I toddler when that happened?"

Mom, Alec and Everett laugh.

"What? I need to know." I heave dramatically.

"Okay, dear. Why don't we all talk after eating? I want Everett to taste this delicacies of mine." Mom gushes.

Meal time is filled with joy and laughter. Alec and Everett catch up and talk about football, which honestly, bores me. The twins, mom and I talk about school, and church activities, and what's been going on with our lives.

"So, Everett, how old are you right now?" Mom asks.

"25, ma'am."

"Oh, don't ma'am me. Amara is just fine."

I smirk at Everett. His cheeks redden as he remembers what he used to call me. Amara.

He clears his throat. "I don't mean to pry...but I have noticed something."

Mom laughs, understanding in her eyes. "You want to ask about our obsession with the letter A."

Everett chuckles, rubbing the back of his neck. I always find this action cute and just adorable.

"Yeah."

"Well, it's just something my husband and I had decided on. It has no special meaning, dear."

"Oh. Well, I love this girl's name." Everett turns towards me, making me blush by the way he's looking at me.

It's like I'm the only person that he can see. The love is clear in his eyes.

Amber clears her throat, making Everett snap his gaze from me. I twirl a strand of my hair with my finger to keep me occupied.

"So...how did you two meet?" Andrea asks, giggling.

Everett turns towards me and smirks. "Well...why don't you ask Lana?"

Everyone turns towards me expectedly. I give Everett a soft glare. He smiles and winks.

"Well...it all started when..." I pause.

"When?" Alec and the twins utter.

"When I first laid my eyes on him. He looked so beautiful."

Everett pinches me. "Hey, I'm not beautiful."

I giggle. "Of course I mean beautiful in the guy sense. I loved the way he looked...and I loved how mysterious he was. That just made me want to get to know more about him." I pause. "Yeah...call me a little stalker. I just felt like God wanted me to lead him through. I got to know more about him. Until one day, I decided to approach."

"Then what?"

"I guess we became closer from then on... although sometimes he was hot and cold with me. And stubborn too."

Everyone on the table laughs.

"That's just how it is. I just felt that he was the guy for me. I also prayed about it, and sure, my conscience and heart were correct. I guess I won a jackpot. I led him to Christ, and I have him as mine."

"Aww," everyone coos except Everett who looks at me with an unfamiliar look on his face.

"Yeah," I blush, "That's just it."

Everett clears his throat. "May I have everyone's attention please. Most especially Al's."

I face him. "I think you are the most beautiful lady I've ever seen. And I love you."

"I love you too, Everett."

Mom turns towards me, with a smile on her face. "Alana dear, please bring for me my favourite stilettos from my room."

"Umm...okay."

Something fishy is going on, but this time, I know I'm going to enjoy it.

Wow! What fishy thing do you think is goin on?

Almost nearing the end. I smell it. But lemmi continue with this love story for a lil bit(◕ᴗ◕✿)

*Special message from Alana*

Vote comment and share...read read and be an inspiration to others! Just like me!(≧▽≦)