°17°

"Please can you show me where the director's office is?" I ask the young waiter.

"You must be out guitarist. I'm I right?" He asks.

"Actually, I am." I smile at him. "I'm Alana Brooks, and you are?"

"Oliver Grey." He smiles back. "Just turn left then you'll see it."

"Thank you."

"See you around."

"Oh, bet on that!"

I make my way to the office and knock lightly. A masculine voice answers.

I enter into the tidy office, my eyes wandering around the beautiful decorations on the wall. Nice taste!

The clearing of throat makes me snap my attention towards the director.

"You must be Miss Alana."

"Yes, I am. Sorry, your office is just too beautiful."

He chuckles. "Thank you. Please take a seat and feel comfortable."

"Thank you, Sir."

"Oh, just Daniel. Are you ready to work?"

"I assure you S- Daniel, I was born ready."

He chuckles. "We could use a person like you around."

"Thanks. I would like the money paid to be sent into this account though," I slide a piece of paper containing Everett's account details towards him. "I'm actually doing this work to help a friend of mine."

"In that case then, I'm fine with that. If you want, there's also a vacant waitress job. Will you manage this one too? That is, if you want it."

"I want it, Sir. Thank you so much. May I take my leave please."

"Yes, please. Your equipment will be there, Oliver will show you where to find them. Have a nice day, Brooks."

"You too, Daniel."

I walk out of the office to find Oliver. He's making some latte for a customer, and I wait for him to finish.

"You know where my working materials are?"

"Just here." He hands them to me.

This time I look at him closely. He looks familiar.

"Have we met before?" I ask.

He gives me a sceptical look. "I don't think so.

"Oh. You kinda look familiar."

"I get that a lot. So, you'll be serving also?"

"Yep."

He squeals. "I'm so excited."

I laugh. "How old are you?"

"21. And you?"

"23. My best friend is 20."

"That's nice."

Yeah. Ava is 20. Apparently, she skipped some classes because she got a big IQ. Surprising, I know.

"And there's your first customer." Oliver says, making me turn around.

Guess who's my first customer?

"Evie. How did you know I'm here?" I ask, my eyebrows furrowed in thought.

He gives me his famous smirk. "Let's just say, a little birdie told me."

I glare at him. "Really?"

"Yap." He mutters, popping the 'p'.

And then he stares at Oliver who is beside me. His jaw clenches.

"Umm...Evie."

His eyes turn towards me. "I'm sorry. What?"

"This is Oliver. My workmate. Oliver, this is Everett...my...umm.. friend?"

Everett and Oliver shake hands.

"Actually," Everett starts, his eyes looking at me with a naughty gleam, "She's my girlfriend."

I get choked by my saliva, and start having a coughing fit. Everett starts laughing.

The nerve of this man!

"W-what?" I stutter.

"Life is good."

I glare heatedly at him. "You repeat that."

"No."

"Now."

"No."

"Okay. What do you want to order?"

"Lemonade."

"Coming right up."

I make him some lemonade. I can feel his constant stares on my back. I resist the urge to roll my eyes.

"Take a picture, it will last longer."

He smiles. "Already did."

I shake my head. "Okay, up you go. The bill's on me. Greet Elena and Jace for me."

"Will do."

"Bye."

I watch him leave.

"That guy is-" Oliver starts but I cut him off.

"Not my boyfriend."

"Right!"

"I'm serious."

"And I'm Oliver."

I scowl at him. "Oliver."

"Serious."

I facepalm. "Are we the only waiters here?"

"Nope. There's Mandy, Rebecca and Raul."

"Where are they?"

"Church."

"Oh. So you don't go to church?"

"I do. I don't have any duties today."

"Oh."

"Yeah."

*

The day goes well, and working with Oliver was fun. Although I'm still wondering if I have ever seen him somewhere else.

Anyway. I thank God for softening Everett's heart. Atleast I could tick out my achievements from my bucketlist.

I will walk by faith even when I cannot see.

(◔‿◔)

So actually, I wanted this chapter to portray faith. And we got a new character. Who do you think Oliver is to Alana?😅

Don't forget to vote comment and share.(◕ᴗ◕✿)