°43°

I knock on the door, and I hear Oliver shouting from inside.

"They are here!"

Both Everett and I start chuckling. The door opens, and Oliver scratches the back of his neck nervously. Something he and Everett have in common.

"You haven't heard that, have you?" He asks.

I look at Everett and he wiggles his eyes. "Nope, we haven't."

Oliver shoots a glare at us, making us laugh.

"You're welcome," he huffs.

We take foot inside the house and I admire it. It has a simple but beautiful decor. I love it.

"Is that him?" I hear a muffled voice ask, though I can't see anyone.

"You can come out now, Ori. Come out now Justin." Oliver calls out.

Two little kids hiding behind a coach run towards Oliver and clung to his leg. They are so cute!

"Go call mom and dad." Oliver instructs. "And tell Jason to come down."

I laugh. "How many siblings do you have?"

"Three. I'm the eldest, followed by Jason who's 17 then the twins.  By the way, be aware of Jason, Everett. He flirts with every female."

Everett winks at me and holds me by the waist. "He wouldn't dare because she's engaged."

"I'm warning you."

I chuckle. "You two better stop this. Jason might just shy off when he sees me."

"Oliver dear," a lady calls from behind us. The similarities are clear on her face. I get where Oliver got his hair from.

"Mom, this is Everett. And the beautiful lady with him is his soon to be wife."

I'm sure my cheeks have reddened. The lady smiles warmly at us, then takes Everett's hand in hers.

"I'm so sorry, dear. We didn't know."

"It's alright, Mrs. Grey." He answers.

There's a series of laughter coming down. It's the twin, and I guess Jason and their dad.

"Careful kids! What did I tell you about running on the stairs?"

"They can't listen dad. Just let them be."

They make their appearance, and there's silence between father and son as they stare at each other.

I'm astounded. They look so much alike that you might have confused Mr. Grey for an older Everett.

"Everett," the middle-aged man croaks.

He embraces Everett tightly, while Everett stands there patting his back awkwardly.

I have the urge to laugh.

"I'm so sorry, my boy. I committed a huge mistake. I'm so sorry."

Everett looks lost. "Um... it's okay...dad. I've forgiven you, but it's something that I cannot forget. You might be my biological father, but you were never there for me. Though I had one, that never gave up on me."

"I'm sorry, son. And have lived to regret my mistake all my life. You have grown into a fine young man, and I'm grateful for the people who raised you. They did great where I failed."

Everett gives him a weak smile. " Anyway, the past is in the past. Let's not dwell in it. The main reason as to why I'm here, is because even though you have never fathered me, I still consider you as my father. And as my father, I need your blessings for my marriage."

Mr. Grey laughs cheerfully. " That's nice. Very nice. Where is she?"

Everett takes my hand in his, this action causing his father to turn to me with a smile.

"And aren't you such a beauty. What's your name, dear?"

"Alana. Alana Brooks."

"Wonderful! You both have my blessings. May God lead you through and fill you with abundant blessings. May your household be blessed."

"Thank you."

As long as you have the blessings of your parents, it does not matter even if you live in the mountains.

As always, vote comment and share. Two more chapters to go, then the end. I'm so excited🙃