•30•

Dedicated to @terrilois

Everett.

Life has become a little bit complicated after spending a lot of time with Alana. She's been helping me grow both spiritually and emotionally.

It's another day, and after classes, we have our usual Bible Study. We are sitting on our favorite bench, with our Bibles next to us. I didn't tell her this, but her buying for me the Bible was the best thing ever. I have been studying it for a while now, and I'm getting closer to believing.

"Someone's staring," she says, with a smirk on her pink lips.

She's beautiful!

"So what if I am?" I answer with a small smile on my lips.

"Nothing. Let's start on our study."

Her cheeks are red.

"Okay, Lana. What verses are we analysing today?"

"We're going to read 11 verses. The topic on why we need Jesus. Would you like to read?"

I nod.

She licks her lower lip, and I feel the urge to kiss her. She's so innocent, that's what I love about her!

"John 6:35."

"Then Jesus declared, "I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty."

"John 4:10."

"Jesus answered her, "If you knew the gift of God and who it is that asks you for a drink, you would have asked him and he would have given you living water."

"John 14:6."

"Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

"Philippians 2:9."

"Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name."

"1 Corinthians 10:4."

"and drank the same spiritual drink; for they drank from the spiritual rock that accompanied them, and that rock was Christ."

"Job 19:25."

"For I know that my Redeemer lives, And He shall stand at last on the earth."

"John 8:12."

"Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life."

"Ephesians 2:14."

"For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition m between us."

"Revelation 22:13."

"I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last."

"Thessalonians 1:10."

"And to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, even Jesus, which delivered us from the wrath to come."

" John 10:11."

"I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep."

"Not a day goes by that we're not in need of God's grace and peace. Every morning we need His Spirit to fill us again, to strengthen us for what's ahead," she pauses, "Every day we need a fresh word that He speaks to our hearts, to help keep our focus on what's more important. Trying to run this race of life without Jesus will do nothing but drain us dry."

"I get your point, Al. I'm ready to take the next step." I say, looking at her with a longing look.

I love her.

"And that is?"

I love how she tests me.

"I want to have Him in my life."

A tear slips from her eye, as she looks at me with pure adoration. I wipe it away with my thumb and frown.

"Hey, why you crying?"

She punches me lightly, and embraces me. " Thank you. Thank you so much."

I chuckle.

This girl!

She's my life.

"No, thank you."

"I thought I'd call all the preachers in the world to pray for you. You have no idea how proud I am."

I smirk at her. " I told you I'll be the kind of man you want me to. And I will be."

She giggles. Her eyes are shining as if she's just won a jackpot.

I love her. I really do.

And if this is the only thing that can change my life, then I'm more than ready to take this new step.

Vote, vote vote and comment. Share and be blessed.

#Team EverLana.

#Everett for Christ.

#Gracefully Broken.;-)