°18°

"You done preparing yourself?" I ask Ava.

"Yeah, just fixing my hair." She looks at me from the mirror, " I can't wait to see Jace."

"Me too. That kid is so cute."

"Did they like the services in their new hospital?"

"I forgot to ask Everett. Let's go, shall we?"

She nods.

We make our way outside her apartment, and take an Uber to her dad's hospital. Her dad being the mayor, owned a few  private hospitals in the city. This was an advantage to Elena and Jace because they'd get their treatment done by the best doctors of the country.

I've carried Jace's toys and Elena's cake. To say that I have missed this too should be an understatement.

"We are here, ma'am." The Uber driver says.

Ava pays for our fare, and tips the driver. And there in front of us, stands one of the biggest hospital in the country: The Maxwell's National Hospital.

We make our way inside, while Ava asks the receptionist where Jace and Elena's wards were. Luckily, the both of them are kept in the same ward.

"I told daddy to put them in the same ward so that Jace doesn't feel lonely." Ava says.

I smile at her as we make our way towards the said ward. Ward 294. Ava takes out a card and swipes it on the door knob. The door opens and we enter inside.

"Lana!" Jace squeals immediately he sees me.

I can hear Elena's light chuckle.

"Hey there, bud. Missed me?" I ask the little guy.

"Yes. I missed you so much." Jace answers, giving me a toothy grin.

He doesn't even look sick!

I turn towards Ava who has tears welling in her eyes.

"Jace, this is Ava. Ava, meet Jace." I introduce.

Jace turns towards Ava and hugs her. "Hello, Ava."

Ava lets out a strangled laugh and embraces the boy. "Hello, Jace. Lana here has told me so much about you."

"Good things, I hope?"

We both chuckle. "Very nice things."

Jace's eyes light up, and he takes both of our hands and leads us to where Elena is.

"Mama. Lana and Ava are here. They bought us gifts and a cake."

Elena laughs and gives us a glance. She looks a bit healthier than the last time. Her youth seems to be returning and I'm in awe.

"Hello, Lana. Hey Ava." She greets.

"Hey, Elena. I brought someone new today."

Ava hugs Elena. "I'm Ava Maxwell."

Elena nods. "Thank you so much for your help. This hospital is much better than the other one."

Ava shrugs. "Oh, it's nothing. I'm doing this because I want to."

"And all my gratitude goes to you."

Ava picks Jace up and turns towards us. Let me give little Jace a small tour then I'll be back."

Jace's smiles so huge and clings on Ava tightly. I chuckle at his behavior. I don't think Ava will let go of Jace any time soon.

"I see my son has already captured Ava's heart."

I giggle lightly. "And you have no idea. Good genes run in he family."

"Everyone says that." She gushes, making me laugh.

"How's everything, though? Is the food okay? Medications?"

"I like it here. The doctors said that my cancer would be treated and will end soon after my second last chemotherapy."

She has tears in her eyes when she says this. I'm glad.

"The doctors treat, but God heals."

She gives me a full-blown smile. Somehow, she looks more younger and I notice that her hair grew. I'm glad. I thank the Lord.

"It's all because of him that I'm healed. Jace will be undergoing his tests today. Since his heart has a hole, he'll need a transplant. The doctors said he'll be alright after the surgery."

"Praise be to God. He's already healed."

"Yes, he is."

We chat for about an hour when Ava decides to show up with Jace. They look so cute together.

"Where have you been?" I ask with a fake glare.

They are both all-smiles.

"Ava took me to an electronic shop and bought me a camera,"Jace squeals, "Come on, let's all take a picture together."

I help Elena sit down as Jace sets the camera on its stand.

"Say cheese." He screams.

"Cheese."  The camera light goes off.

Jace takes his new camera and shows us the picture. It's beautiful.

Ava is staring at Jace with a loving look, Elena is staring at them with a huge smile on her face while Jace and I are both sticking our tongues out.

I decide that I'll make copies of this. And by the end of the day, everything turned out great!

 And by the end of the day, everything turned out great!

(◔‿◔)

Jace for sale. Anyone?

Everyone. *Give him to me*

Me. *Gasps* absolutely not!

Everyone. *Whines.*

What did you think of this chapter?Don't forget to vote, comment and share.(◕ᴗ◕✿)