°38°

Everett embraces me, and I push him away a little bit, this action making me stumble back in his arms again. This high heels!

"You look beautiful," Everett whispers in my ear.

"Thank you. What's going on, Evie?"

"You're so naive, my little Lana. We're going on our final date."

I frown. "Final?"

Everett chuckles, and tucks a strand of hair behind my ear. "Come on."

He takes my hand, leading me to his Jeep.

"Thanks, Ava!" He shouts.

"You're welcome."

This shoes are literally killing my feet.

"Where are we going?" I ask Everett as soon as we hit the road.

"The beach."

"Thank you for this," I point my attire.

"You're welcome. You will manage to walk in those shoes, right?"

His voice is portraying amusement. I have a feeling he did this on purpose.

Glaring at him, I ask, "You want me to be a cripple all my lifetime?!"

"Woah, no. I thought you would love them."

His hands are gripping the steering wheel tightly and I punch myself mentally. I should be thankful for what I've been given, but I am too caught up in my world to realize it.

"You know what? I don mind being a cripple. As long as you'll be my support till we're grey and old."

He chuckles and his grip on the wheel loses slightly.

"Till we're grey and old...right!"

We reach the beach, and Everett takes my hand and entwines it with mine. His hands are so big, compared to mine, but fit perfectly. Like God made them just for me.

"And here we are!" He exclaims.

The place is decorated with beautifully made orchirds and tulips. It looks amazing and I feel like I'd just squeal.

"You like it?"

"I love it." I gush.

"We'll sit right here."

We sit on some little comfy sofas, then Everett bends towards me to take of my shoes. He slips on some cute doll shoes instead.

"Yikes, I didn't see those." I say.

Everett smirks at me. "Of course you didn't. I know how to hide my things."

I playfully punch him. "Are we going to eat?"

"Only dessert. Then we'll just watch the sunset and dance..."

" Then?"

"Then we'll know what next."

He orders some dessert, which consists of Chocolate icecream, vanilla cake with some coffee and pizza with some Pina colada juice.

The sun is almost setting, and that's when I notice something.

"Why do you love the sunset?"

Most of our dates were always during the edge of dusk.

He smiles, then answers, looking ahead, "The setting sun symbolizes the completion of a journey. This journey could be life itself. The twilight of human life is often compared metaphorically with the setting sun.

The sunset symbolizes the completion of a day’s work and shows the passage of time. As the sun sets, it is time to end the day and take a break. The awesome beauty of the setting sun is also symbolic of the beauty and mystery of life itself. The setting sun is nature’s way of reminding humanity about the forces of good and evil. As the sun sets, light fades, which is symbolic of the forces of darkness."

I giggle. "I guess I have never thought of it that way."

He gives me a lopsided smile and takes my hand. May I have this dance?"

"Yes, you may."

We twirl around the Sandy Beach, laughing and even falling sometimes. We then watch the sunset and it surely is beautiful.

"I love this place," I say turning towards Everett only to find him on one knee with a red velvet ring box on his hand.

My breath is stuck on my throat.

"Lana?"

I nod.

He laughs. "Breathe."

I let out a shaky breathe, but can't deny that my heart is threatening to break out of its cage.

"I just want you to have this ring, as a symbol of a promise. So I'm not proposing, yet! Don't faint, Lana."

I nod. I'm at loss of words.

"This ring is a symbol of my love for you and my plans to marry you. Until we are joined in marriage, this ring is a testament to my commitment to our relationship. Our love story has changed my life forever, and with this ring, it is only just beginning."

He fits it in my ring finger on my left hand. It's so perfect, with it's large emerald stone and our names engraved on it.

"This dress compliments your eye color, and so does the ring. You are beautiful."

"Thank you."

Colossians 3:14: “And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity."

Shocks! Hehe, you all thought he was proposing

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

Shocks! Hehe, you all thought he was proposing...

Anyways, some of the words about the promise ring I just googled because I'm not an expert in marriages and stuff.

Hope you enjoyed, read, vote comment and share*\0/*

Gracefully Broken(Everett's Story)✓The Story I'll Tellजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें