°36°

I love You Lord
Oh Your mercy never fails me
All my days
I’ve been held in Your hands
From the moment that I wake up
Until I lay my head
I will sing of the goodness of God

All my life You have been faithful
All my life You have been so, so good
With every breath that I am able
I will sing of the goodness of God

Somehow this song lifts up my spirit. It's been in my heart since morning. Today since I have no classes, I decided to visit Troy in prison. I had bought him a Bible and a notebook.

Hopefully, he would love them.

I wear my knee-ripped jeans with a flannel shirt on top and some high-tops. I tie my hair into a messy bun then head out the house.

The drive to the Prison is a bit longer than I had anticipated, but I reach there in time.

"How may I help you, ma'am?" A prison guard asks.

"I'd like to see Troy Peterson, please."

He uses a little microphone to call him out.

"Troy Peterson, Jail 19. You are needed at the front."

A few minutes later, Troy appears, his hands handcuffed. He shoots me a small smile.

"You have an hour."

I nod and lead him to a bench, where we both take a seat.

"Hey," I greet.

"Hello."

"How are you?"

"I'm good. Got only a month in this dirty cells then I'm out for good."

"Is it worth it?"

"Yeah."

"I brought you something."

I hand him the little box that has the Bible and notebook in it. He opens it, a smile playing on his lips.

"You brought me a Bible?"

"Yeah. Do you like it?"

"I love it."

He flips the pages and reads the verse that catches his eye.

"The Lord is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower: Psalms 18:2."

"I highlighted some verses that you'd like to read."

"Thanks a lot, Alana."

I chuckle. "Just, Al. I'd like to sing for you a song. I know it's not fun staying at such a place, but I want you to know that there's hope. As long as you have Him, you're safe. For there is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death."

"Please."

"Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus,
Just to take Him at His word;
Just to rest upon His promise;
Just to know, Thus saith the Lord. 

Jesus, Jesus, how I trust Him,
How I’ve proved Him o’er and o’er,
Jesus, Jesus, Precious Jesus!
O for grace to trust Him more."

"You have a nice voice."

"Thanks. How's Everett?"

"He's okay."

"Send my apologies to him, please."

"I will. You stay strong and trust Him. No one can be against you if God is for you. There's a joy that triumphs over fear, and a laughter that dries away your tears- Jesus. He's the one who overcame. He is hope, He is victory, and He is our joy."

"He is our peace."

"He is your peace."

"Thanks for visiting, Al. It means a lot."

"Anytime. I have to go now. You stay safe and blessed."

"I will. Thanks again."

I drive back home, my heart in peace. The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

 It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well

Tis' so sweet to trust in Jesus🎶🎶
I love that song.

Anyway .. vote comment and share^_^