°26°

There's a loud knock at the door. Ava is sound asleep, and she's one of those people who sleep peacefully through the night. Nothing can wake her up. Not even a fire alarm. Hehe.

I wake up, stretching my limbs then walk up to the door and open it.

A gasp leaves my mouth as I stare at the man in front of me. My heart is threatening to live its cage.

"What are you doing here?" I ask, my voice trembling alittle.

He enters inside the apartment without a single care, not even bothering to answer my question.

He looks exhausted. He has deep bags under his eyes, his steps are sluggish and he looks as if he'd pass out any moment from now.

"Troy? I asked you a question."

Wow, how serious of me! He might have a gun now, and I'm just provoking him.

He takes a seat, and stares of to space.

You're welcome, I mentally say.

After a few minutes of silence, he finally speaks. "This load is to heavy for me to carry."

I feel joy in my heart. He's harmless, and I know what kind of load he's talking about. What kind of load he's carrying. No, it's not the physical load, but the spiritual load.

You know what Jesus said to them that are weary and heavy laden? Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28.

"What do you want, Troy?"

He starts to sob. My heart clenches at his sight. I walk towards him and embrace him.

"I don't know what you did to Everett, but, I want the same to happen to me."

Aww!

"Do you know who Jesus is?"

"I have heard of Him."

"Jesus is everything we need in our lives. He died for our sins. And do you know what that means?"

"You tell me."

"Every wrong thing we had done before, he took it all away. All our sorrows, burdens, failures and our weakness. Isaiah 53:5 says; But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed."

"He did that all for us?"

"For everyone. For me, and you."

"But how? I'm not worth it. I've done alot of bad things. I hurt you, I hurt every one."

"We all don't deserve it, but He did it for us."

"How can I accept Him? How can I have Him in my life?"

"It's really simple. Just say this words after me. God, I recognize that I have not lived my life for You up until now. I have been living for myself and that is wrong. I need You in my life; I want You in my life. I acknowledge the completed work of Your Son Jesus Christ in giving His life for me on the cross at Calvary, and I long to receive the forgiveness you have made freely available to me through this sacrifice. Come into my life now, Lord. Take up residence in my heart and be my king, my Lord, and my Savior. From this day forward, I will no longer be controlled by sin, or the desire to please myself, but I will follow You all the days of my life. Those days are in Your hands. I ask this in Jesus' precious and holy name. Amen."

"Thank you."

"No, thank Him."

He smiles. "I have to turn myself in."

"Everything will be okay. You have Jesus now. I'll help too."

"Thank you for everything."

He leaves. I face the heavens and say a short prayer to God. "You have done it again, Lord. You've said in your Word that
The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life; and he that winneth souls is wise. (Proverbs 11:30) So, thank you for giving me wisdom and helping me bring a soul into Your kingdom. Amen."

Jesus is the way, the truth and the life

Jesus is the way, the truth and the life. We need Him in our lives. And yes, Troy has joined the Kingdom.

Don't forget to vote, comment and share<3