°23°

"You managed it?" Marcelo asks.

"Yeah. We have to go now."

"Okay. The police are on their way. They'll be here within- one, two, three" then we heard sirens, "Four seconds."

Caleb hits the gas, and we rush to hospital. Everett is silent. Just staring ahead without saying anything.

"Everett?"

He hums in reply.

"Are you okay? I mean, mentally?"

He closes his eyes, rubbing his head and sighs. "I don't know."

"Want to talk about it?"

"All I know is that I want this pain in my chest to stop."

"What pain?"

And then he starts coughing and breathing heavily. Is he...asthmatic?

"Are you asthmatic?"

He shakes his head no.

"Then what's the problem? "

"I-I don't know. " he wheezez painfully.

"I think he's having a panic attack. Hold him." Caleb instructs.

I hold Everett by his waist as he breathes rapidly. He's closing his eyes.

"Can someone die of a panic attack?" I blurt out. I don't know why I'm even asking that! He won't die. He can't die.

"I don't know. Panic attacks are caused by anxiety. Maybe the excitement can pump so hard and cause high blood pressure, stroke or heart attack."

"Oh God, please hold him in your arms and make him whole again. Please don't let him die. By your stripes we are healed and you died for our iniquities and our problems. Please heal Everett, not only for my sake but also for his sake. So that he may come to see and realize that you alone are the only one he needs in his life. Let your will be done, and your kingdom come. Amen!"

And immediately, Everett's coughs subside. Praise Jesus! It's just an instant miracle, and I can tell Caleb and Marcelo are awed.
God is just that awesome.

We reach Ava's hospital and Everett is admitted. We sit at the waiting bay with Caleb and Marcelo. Suddenly, Marcelo starts to weep.

"What's wrong, Marce?" I ask.

"I want to change. I want to have Christ in my life. Just like you. I want to be a new creation. I want all this guilt in my chest to go away. I just want a new life. With God in it."

My heart goes out to him.

"Me too," Caleb says meekly.

Him too.

"You know it's not so hard to give your life to Christ."

"It's not?" Marce sniffles.

I nod.

"So I don't have to go to church and stand before a million people and say the prayer there?"

I chuckle. "No. That if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved (Romans 10:9). You do that anywhere, anytime."

He breathes out a sigh of relief. "Pray for us?"

"I'd love to. Say this words after me. God, I recognize that I have not lived my life for You up until now. I have been living for myself and that is wrong. I need You in my life; I want You in my life. I acknowledge the completed work of Your Son Jesus Christ in giving His life for me on the cross at Calvary, and I long to receive the forgiveness you have made freely available to me through this sacrifice. Come into my life now, Lord. Take up residence in my heart and be my king, my Lord, and my Savior. From this day forward, I will no longer be controlled by sin, or the desire to please myself, but I will follow You all the days of my life. Those days are in Your hands. I ask this in Jesus' precious and holy name. Amen."

They both smile and I embrace them. "Welcome into the kingdom of Heaven."

We all laugh.

"Jesus answered and said to him, 'Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God'" (John 3:3).

And I'm updating like crazy..he he he...so here's chapter 23. I don't even know when this story will end. I'm jusr going with the flow.

Anyway...vote, comment and share♡<3