°11°

Today is Sunday and I'm so excited. Why? Because, Everett will be attending with me. How cool is that?

Anyway, our day out yesterday was nice and lovely. I won't say that I learned a lot about Everett since I had done my research, but I learned some new things about him. His likes and dislikes, and get this, he is also a fan of Pretty Little Liars. How crazy is that?

I mean, isn't that supposed to be a girls' show or something?

Anyway, I'm with Everett right now as we walk to church. I thought he would like not arrive, but he surprised me.

"I hope today will be awesome for you," I say.

He rolls his eyes and huffs. "I'm just returning the favor, Alana."

"Yeah yeah. But I hope God will touch your hardened heart."

I whisper not intending for him to hear. He does though, and his jaw clenches.

"We are not having an argument right now, Alana."

"Jeez, chill. Who said that we are?"

If he wants to be a hard head, I will too.

"You don't want me to bail out on you, right?" He has the guts to smirk. On my face.

I gasp and lightly punch him. "You wouldn't."

"Is that a dare? You know I take dares seriously."

"You try and I will smack you."

He gasps dramatically, wriggling his eyebrows. "Oh, you wouldn't."

"Stop immitating me!" I pinch him.

"Ow," he pouts, "That hurts."

"That's the point, Everett."

The few minutes walk to church is spent in silence. Once we reach out destination, I lead him to the front row.

"Okay. I'm leading in the choir, so I won't sit with you right now. But when I'm done, I'll be here. Loosen up, you look so tensed."

"I didn't want this, but fine."

I give him a quick hug then walk towards the podium, where the team is.

After the opening prayer, I pick up the microphone, and start the lead. I look at Everett and he still has that lost look. I smile at him. Ava leads some praise songs, and after she's done, I lead the worship.

"So, I'd like each and every one of you to raise your hands up and enter into the mood of worship."

"All these pieces
Broken and scattered
In mercy gathered
Mended and whole
Empty handed
But not forsaken
I've been set free
I've been set free

Amazing grace
How sweet the sound
That saved a wretch like me
I once was lost
But now I'm found
Was blind but now I see.

Oh I can see you now
Oh I can see the love in Your eyes
Laying yourself down
Raising up the broken to life

"Oh, I can see you now. Oh I can see the love in Your eyes. Laying yourself down. Raising up the broken to life," I sing, and feel the amazing shift in the atmosphere," Oh lift up your hands and worship, yeah, He'll lift the broken hearted. He saves those who are lost."

People walk around, others cry, while others kneel. It's so amazing to see what God's power can do.

"Oh lift up your hands and worship. Pray in the Spirit. Call out his name. Oh! Haha. Sing with me. Oh, I can see you now. Oh I can see the love in Your eyes. Laying yourself down. Raising up the broken to life. Raising up the-"

"Broken to life." The congregation sings.

I end this session with a word of prayer, and invite the pastor. I walk towards my seat, and press Everett's hand softly. He gives me a small smile.

"Hello, children of God. For all of those who don't know me, I'm Pastor Kent, leader of Hope Of the World Baptist Church," he pauses, "Please, turn to your neighbor and give them a high five in the Lord's name."

We do as told.

"That's great. So, today I'm going to talk about God's Identity To Us. Who is God to you? I want everyone of you to do some research on this, and I'll give you the scriptures to read on."

I notice that Everett's hands are are clenched into fists, and his jaw is tightly locked.

"He is your;
-Healer- Psalms 103:3
-Redeemer- Isaiah 59:20
-Deliverer- Psalms 70:5
-Strength- Psalms 43:2
-Shelter- Joel 3:16
-Friend-John 15:15
-Advocate- 1John 2:1
-Restorer-Psalms 23:3
That's all for today. But the question that I'm still asking is, Who is God to you? Let's all stand and say the Grace."

We say the Grace, and Everett and I walk out. He's body is still rigid.

"Hey, what's wrong?"

He sighs. "Nothing. Let's just go."

But there is something, and I will be damned if I don't find out what's really bothering him.

(◔‿◔)

Aloha...and there goes chapter 11. Don't forget to vote, comment and share (◕ᴗ◕✿)