°19°

Everett's been missing. No one knows where he is. He's not picking up my calls. My messages are still unseen.

I've tried to get a hold of him but his line is dead. It's like he never exits.

We are in the second week, and I don't know if he's gonna come back. The police have said that they can't find him. They find his traces, but they can't find him.

It's like he doesn't want to be found.

Currently, Ava and I are in hospital, comforting a weeping Elena. After not finding him for a week, we decided it was best for her to know. After all, she is Everett's second mother. She deserved to know.

"It's going to be okay, Lena. The police will find him." Ava soothes, while I hold her in my embrace.

She's not frail anymore. The treatments have done her good. I'm not afraid to hold her now for the fear of breaking her. She's healed. We thank God.

"But why? Why isn't he here. Doesn't he miss me?" She sobs.

"I know that wherever he is, he misses you. Maybe he's searching for money. We all know how Everett is." I sooth.

She continues to sob, until Jace find us.

"Mama, why are you crying?" He asks with a teary voice.

Elena continues to sob. Jace walks up to where she is and embraces.

"Don't cry. It's going to be okay." He soothes his mummy.

Cue the 'aaws'. The sight is just too adorable. I feel the tears roll down my cheeks. I look at Ava and find her in the same situation.

It's just an emotional moment to watch mother and son cry. When Everett is found, I'll make sure I've pulled his ears so hard until they hurt. He has not just made Elena and Jace cry.

"Do you want some time alone?" I ask Elena.

"Yes, please. Take my son with you."

I nod understandingly, as Ava takes Jace's hand. We walk out of the hospital and decide to go to an ice cream shop in order to cheer up Jace.

It works.

"What would you like, young boy?" The ice cream seller asks Jace, who has an excited gleam in his eyes.

"I would like a huge bowl of bubble gum ice cream, banana cream pie and some strawberry cream, please."

His leg jitters as he jumps up and down in excitement. The ice cream guy chuckles and takes his order.

"And you ladies?"

"Black currant." I answer. "Chocolate," Ava answers.

I turn to the both of them. "Wait here while I go and tell Elena we're heading to the cafe. "

I run to hospital and fine Elena in a sobbing mess. I don't stay because she said she needed some time alone.

"We're heading to the cafe. I'll bring Jace back later."

The only answer I receive is a weak okay. I head back to the ice cream parlor then we take a cab.

We find Oliver cleaning the cafe.

"Hey Oliver." I greet, startling him.

He clutches his chest and glares at me. "Do you want to kill me?"

I chuckle. "I brought some guests today."

He looks at Ava and winks at her. Ava blushes, causing me to laugh at her.

I sense something special between them.

Oliver does a fist bump with Jace, who seems excited to have a male in the room.

"And there comes our other workmates. Hey, Mandy, Rebecca and Raul." Oliver says.

The first girl has blonde hair and blue eyes, I guess Mandy. The second girl, Rebecca, is a brunette with grey eyes and then there's Raul, a red head with green eyes. I wave at them.

"I'm Alana, and this is my friend Ava, and my little friend, Jace."

Immediately they see Jace, they start gushing over him. Oh, the little boy has people wrapped around his finger!

Oliver and Ava are chatting while I'm left there, staring at everyone with a small smile on my face.

My phone rings, and I see that it's an unknown number. I pick it up, nevertheless.

"Hello?"

Heavy breathings come from the other line, and a second later, a hard cold voice answers. "You have 24 hours girlie..."

(◔‿◔)

(◔‿◔)

Oh, sorry guys. I just had to leave this chapter as a cliffhanger.

Where do you think Everett is? What do you think of Oliver and Ava? Do you ship them? Do you think it could be a start of something new?

And what about the mysterious phone call? Who do you think is on the other line?

Brace yourself because, this is only the start of more adventures. Don't forget to vote comment and share (◕ᴗ◕✿)