°6°

No one notices your tears. No one notices your sadness. No one notices your pain. No one notices the guy behind the mask. But I do, Everett.

I notice the tears brimming in your eyes when you are frustrated. I notice how sad you are and the pain in your eyes when you sit by yourself. I notice the imperfect broken guy behind the mask. I notice and I care.

But we can be mended. You can be mended. You just have to allow me in, I'll help you. I'll show you how good it can be to be gracefully broken. Not just being gracefully broken, but imperfectly perfect in His eyes. You just have to let me in.

XOXO~ Alana:-D

I stick the little note on his locker then walk away. Apparently, today I do not have any classes. I just had to stop by and deliver that note.

After the incident yesterday, I didn't see Everett the whole day. I hope he is fine though and that he's actually in school.

I make my way towards my apartment, only to find a little surprise waiting for me.

"Ariana." You all know who calls me that, despite the many times I tell him not to.

"Everett," I breathe out.

This time he glares at me and I cannot help but notice how red his eyes are. I'm nervous and my hands are sweating. I bite my lip as I saunter towards him.

"Hello, Everett. What are you doing here?"I ask with a shaky voice.

He gives me a creepy Cheshire cat smile, and I think I'm just gonna pee on my pants.

"I came to warn you. You should also leave your nose out of my business and stop pretending that you care." His voice is kinda slurry.

He is indeed drunk.

I decide to test him. "And what if I don't? What will you do?"

"Don't test me, Ariana."

My lips are pulled into a smirk. "No, really, what will you do?"

"I'll beat you up, and you wouldn't want that, right?"

I gulp. He is serious. "N-no, you wouldn't."

"I'm warning you."

I stand in front of him, tears welling in my eyes. I know this look makes him soften, and surely, it does.

He takes my face in the palms of his hands, and caresses my cheeks with his thumbs.

"What are you doing to me?"

"I just want to help you."

"You can't help me. I'm a lost cause already. I wish you could. But you can't."

"Let me in. Please."

"I can't. I can't break down my walls. I'm broken, and sometimes, broken things can't be fixed."

He lets go of me and starts walking away.

"Please..."

"Broken things can't all be fixed, Alana."

The air is knocked out of me when he says my name. But with every step that he takes away from me, breaks my heart.

"You just need to know Him. He will make it all better. We can be gracefully broken together. We can go through this together!" I shout.

"I don't need Him." He snaps.

"You do. We all do."

"I'm just not ready. A lot has happened, I can't. I j-just can't."

I don't think anyone is ever ready, but when someone makes you feel alive again it's kind of worth the risk.

"You can't go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending."

"I'm sorry."

This time, he walks away without giving me a glance.

The Lord is near to those who have a broken heart, and saves those who have a crush to spirit. Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the Lord delivers him out of them all.

 Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the Lord delivers him out of them all

ʘ‿ʘ

End of chapter 6. C'mon, don forget to vote, comment and share.(ʘᴗʘ✿)