| 3 |

I get home from the arcade to see Josh staring at Jenna and Lucas hugging in awe. As soon as I saw the two, I knew what happened, the movie.

Lucas might say he doesn't like it, but it's his chance for a hug and boy does he love hugs from Jenna.

"So me and Josh take ground I guess?" Lucas asks causing me and Jenna to nod quickly.

Our couch had the 2 chaise parts and in between them a sofa. Me and Jenna both took one chaise and the boys sat on the floor in between the spaces of the chaise. Lucas being beside Jenna obviously and Josh next to me.

"Hey don't sleep tonight, any of you, we better play games!" Jenna yells to wake us up from any sleep inside of us.

"Okay what movie?" Lucas asks and we sit there thinking.

"21 jump street?" I ask and Lucas nods.

"Any objections?" He asks and Jenna groans in frustration.

"We are not playing that game again!" She yells leaving me and Lucas both chuckling.

"What game?" Josh asks, oh he needs to learn a lot about us.

"There is this game where we bring out our whole courtroom set up, which is very big and realistic, and we get roles from a hat and we act it out, and we are soo playing today," Lucas says causing Josh to nod in agreement.

"Sounds fun." Josh says and Jenna quickly interrupts.

"Not if you have the worst roles which I always get!" She says and Josh laughs.

We all get over the argument and turn on the movie only to turn it off before it ends. "Day in the Law time?" Lucas asks and we all nod.

We bring all the things, like the big podium for the judge and the two tables for the lawyers. Along with the confession stands and now we were ready.

We picked out roles and everybody got something they enjoyed.

"Finally a good role!!" Jenna squealed at her card which read 'judge'.

The next part stays in secret to the judge so Jenna decided to make snacks. The card revealed that Josh was guilty but obviously we couldn't tell Jenna that.

After that we figured out that Lucas was defending Josh and I was against the two, finally from a long time of what she calls cooking, Jenna came back.

"So Nessa is defending the dead victim and she claims Josh killed them in a drunk diving experience, I'm defending Josh" Lucas said and we all took our seats.

"Opening statements?" Jenna said and Lucas and I took our cue to stand up and start the game.

After a very long introduction, we finally got to the fun part. "Your honour I would like to call Josh to the stand." I say and Jenna nods.

Josh approaches the stand and swears the truth allowing me to finally interrogate him. "Mr. Richards, do you believe you have a drinking problem?" I ask and he straightens his posture.

"No ma'am." He says causing me to chuckle.

"Oh really? So these records of your experience in rehab are lying?" I ask and he clears his throat,"

"Uh well i-" I cut Josh off.

"No further questions your honour." I say as I approach my seat. I turn around to smile at Josh and he is already giving me a death stare. I quickly wink at him causing him to roll his eyes and we continue.

We take a quick recess afterwards and come back to a annoyed Josh standing in my way.

"Don't do this Barrett," he says and I smile.

"Are you scared Richards?" I say and he develops a slight chuckle.

"Oh no Barrett you should be, because I didn't kill him," he says smiling and I quickly try to take my seat.

"Don't try proving this," he says and before I can argue he pecks me on the cheek.

What the hell just happened?

He walks away smirking at me leaving me so confused. If he thought that would confuse me or throw me off of my game, he was wrong.

"Your honour I would like to ask Josh Richards to the stand," I say and she nods.

"Mr. Richards, do you claim to have known the victim?" I ask and he warms up a little.

"No," he simply replies.

"So the two of you didn't go to high school together?" I ask.

He nods a no.

"You didn't go to camp together and hang out all the time?" I say quickly picking up the pace.

He nods a no.

"You didn't fall apart when he got into your dream school and you didn't?" I ask very fast causing Josh to tense up.

"Objection Your honour! Badgering." Lucas says and I look back to Jenna.

"Sustained, continue," She says and Luke angrily takes this seat. I continue rapid questions.

"Was this a planned murder?" I ask and he clenches his jaw.

"No" he speaks up.

"Was this a planned murder?" I ask faster and faster each time.

"No"

"Was this a planned murder Josh!" I yell and Lucas steps in.

"Objection Your honour! Badgering!" He yells and Jenna speaks up.

"Ms. Barrett, are we getting anywhere?" She asks and I nod.

"Mr. Richards was hired to kill the victim and I have proof." I say and Josh looks over to Luke causing me to smile.

"Looking at Mr. Richards' call history we can see a unknown caller had called many, many times. After tracing them, it is a person the victim had attended college with and the victim got him expelled due to a small fight. Giving them all the reasons to want them dead," I say and Lucas tries to talk.

"Your honour-" Lucas speaks but he gets interrupted by Jenna.

"No Mr. Barrett your time is up, Mr. Richards is guilty with a fine of planned homicide." She slams her gravel and gets up from the seat.

"Good day," she says and we all laugh. Lucas and Jenna start to clean up and I go to the kitchen to get a glass of water.

I'm quickly flipped around to face a smirking Josh. "This isn't over Barrett," he says and I laugh.

"I don't think so, you lost, your guilty." I say and he smiles moving in closer to me. Leaving no space between us. "I'm coming for you Barrett," he says and pulls away.

He walks away to the sofa's and we all enjoy a night full of games and everything.

••a/n••

Thoughts on what will Josh do?

Q.O.T.D. ~ favourite tv show?

Accepting covers from all of you!!

Hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Luv ya ;)
       ~ dwightkshrutefr