| 12 |

I wake up from the long night that had passed. It was Tuesday and I was already bored of being in this house all alone.

I didn't plan on telling Luke on what happened. That would only stir up crap in their friendship and I didn't want it.

I got calls from him but I acted as if nothing happened.

I didn't really feel like going to school today, so I gave Jen a call to drop of my homework afterwards.

The day went by pretty slow due to the boring time I had. Watching movies and movies usually is a fun time, but I didn't have one today.

I took a nap to hopefully pass some time, but then the door bell rang and I quickly checked the time. School had ended a while back so that must be Jenna delivering my missed homework from the day.

"Come in!" I yell and see Josh.

What the hell was he doing here?

"Nessa please, don't go." He says as I try to climb the stairs quickly.

"Why are you here Josh?" I say turning around to face him from the stairs.

"Nessa please let me at least explain what happened," he says.

"I don't want to hear it Josh, just please go," I say and he nods.

"Fine, but please, just hear me out sometime if not now," he said.

I don't give any reaction and he takes that as a cue to leave. He closed the door behind him and I locked it. God I shouldn't leave he door open like that.

I sit on the couch and think of something that might get my head off of this matter. Then I realized it was Tuesday and both Jenna and Kylie were free, I quickly shot them a text.

                               ~hOeS~

Me: hey guys, wanna stay the night at my place, just us since Lucas and parents are gone.

Kylie🤪: Let me ask and I'll get back to you.

Jen🤮🥰: I'm allowed!

Kylie🤪: Me too!

Me: Oh also bring swimsuits

Kylie🤪: Of course!!

Jen🤮🥰: Alright! I'm all packed and I'll be there in maybe two hours, mom is making me to chores🤮

Kylie🤪: Jen can you give me a ride when you plan on driving to Ness's?

Jen🤮🥰: Sure, I'll see you at 5?

Kylie🤪: K see you then!

Me: Alright I'll see you guys then, byee

And with that, I had plans to get Josh out of my head.

I made a few snacks, brought out some ice cream, got the pool cleaned and ready and waited for them to come.

I quickly change into my yellow swimsuit and put over a oversized tee on top. The door bell rings and I answer.

I smile to see Kylie and Jen standing there, but they were half smiling, something was up.

"Ness, my car broke down, so... Josh gave us a ride," Jenna said as Kylie nodded.

I look behind their heads and see Josh pulling his car out of the driveway.

"It's fine, just because I don't get along with someone doesn't mean I can ask you guys to stop friendships with them," I say and they step into the house.

"Ness, we heard Josh out, just give him a chance and listen to him." Kylie said.

"I invited you guys to stop thinking about this, not drag me back in. So come on let's go to the pool."

We head to my backyard and jump into the pool. Needless to say, the night was loud and I'm pretty sure at that moment right there, my neighbours hated us, but who cared.

We spend the whole time in the pool, laughing, swimming, diving, anything to have a good time which we did. I missed times like these with Kylie and Jenna so I wasn't going to ruin it by starting something about Josh.

After a while, we head back into the house, and cozy up into warm clothes since we had just spent the whole day outdoors in a cold pool.

"So what movie?" Jenna asked.

"Princess Diaries!" Kylie yelled causing my smile to leave. God no, please no Princess Diaries.

No matter how much I tried to avoid it, that night kept coming back in my head.

"How about 'A Walk To Remember'?" Asked Jenna.

Me and Kylie both nod in excitement.

The movie started and the night simmered down, I was glad the two came over, I loved us hanging out and they definitely diverted my attention from all the Josh crap, and they did it well.

We all decided to call it a night and lay down on the sofa. They both feel asleep really fast, because they were really tired. But for me, I didn't have one ounce of sleep in my system.

I was wide awake and didn't have anything to do.

I walked around, sang around, jumped around the trampoline, even so much to make weird hair styles. Nothing cured my boredom but did get me tired.

I quickly laid back on the sofa beside Kylie and Jenna so try to sleep.

Although it took a while, and a long time on TikTok, I got through it and feel asleep.

The next morning Jenna and Kylie had to go to school and I planned to stay home one more day, to let the whole pictures blow over. I knew I wouldn't see them pack away, so I least then a note on the kitchen counter.

Hey guys, I know you won't want to hear this, but I really want to spend one more day at home, I promise you guys I'll come to school tomorrow but just give me one more day, also since you guys asked your parents to stay till Luke, mom and dad come back, I'll see you after school. Don't wake me up in the morning, you know how grumpy I get!

                     ~Ness

With that I ended the note, placing it on the counter and closed my eyes hopping on the sofa. Hopefully today's sleep will be better than yesterday's.

•• a/n••

Did. You. Guy. Like. The. Chapter?

Q.O.T.D.~ any favourite bands? I hope y'all can guess that mine is 1d!

We already hit 2K, thank you for sticking to this crap story!

Vote and comment!

Luv ya ;)
       ~dwightkshrutefr