| 14 |

—————-
Hey guys! Before you read this chapter.. I just wanted to say, there might be a part in the beginning where you don't like how the story is going.

All I wanna say is... it's just a book😂 so don't take anything too seriously🤣

                           —————-

THE NEXT DAY I went to Starbucks in the morning to get breakfast. Although I could've made anything at home, I had other reasons.

Vincent worked there and we got along really well yesterday. With all the talking, I learned that he went to our rival school, and was in the baseball team of his school. Just like Luke and Josh.

He was the captain and from what I had heard, he was very good. "Hey," he said lifting his head realizing it was me.

"Hey good morning," I said to him and he smiled.

"So what can I get for you sugar?" He said and I felt butterflies in my stomach to his nickname. Only what I used to feel when Josh was around.

As I paid for my order and said goodbye to Vincent, I drive to school and meet up with Kylie and Jenna there.

The day went on and I was so glad when it ended, because now I had plans with Vincent.

We were planning on going to a movie together a while after school.

As I get in my car, I hear a faint yell from the other side of the school parking lot. I close my car door and rush to see what happened.

From a distance, I see Jenna on floor with Kylie and Josh around her.

"What happened!" I ask as I run to her and sit beside her.

"She just fainted out of no where," Kylie spoke.

I take Jenna's hand and hug it. Nothing could happen to her. Nothing can happen to her.

"Okay was she weak today? Like drowsy and all? Did she eat?" I asked and both of them nodded a 'no'.

Josh picked her up bridal style and carried her to my car as I drive. We drive her to the hospital and wait for the doctors to help her.

In the waiting room, Josh and I sat a few chairs apart waiting for the doctors to get back. Kylie had to stay at school for an after school tutoring session so me and Josh went instead.

A while had passed and the doctors still hadn't told us anything. No matter how badly I wanted to control it, a tear shed down my cheek.

Why was I crying?

Nothing was going to happen to her. The doctors are going to say it's not a big deal and she is going to come home safe because nothing will happen to my best friend.

I didn't realize how my eyes couldn't stop crying now and saw Josh moved closer to me.

"Hey Ness, she'll be fine, nothing is going to happen to her," Josh says as she rubs my arms.

As he does so, I go in for a hug and he hugs me back. "What if something bad happened to her? I'm so confused what the hell is going on!" I say crying into his chest.

I could feel his shirts fabric getting wet because of my tears, but he didn't stop me. He just ran his fingers through my hair and comforted me. That's all I needed now.

God doctors please hurry up!

I get a phone call and I break apart from Josh to answer. I looked at my screen and saw the name

Vincent Jacobs

Josh looked at me after looking at the screen. He knew who it was. Of course he knew who it was, they hated each other.

"You- you guys.... you guys talk?" He asks.

I look over to him and see his face. Part anger, part hurt.

I answer the phone, "hey Ness, when can I pick you up?" He asked over the line.

I sniffled my nose. "Uh Vincent something came up," I answer.

"What- is everything okay?" He asks quickly.

"Yeah it'll be fine, I'll tell you later, but for now, I don't think I can make it to the movie, I'm sorry," I say.

"Hey don't worry about it, we can always reschedule, I hope everything is okay. Let me know if you need anything, alright?" He asks.

"Yes of course, sorry again, bye," I say.

"Bye Ness." He says and I end the call.

After ending it, I realize Josh was there, confused and angry.

My eyes met his and it displayed anger. "You and Vincent Jacobs huh?" He asks scoffing at his name.

"We are just friends," I say.

"Yeah, and Stacy is the nicest person I've met," he says with a obvious sarcastic tone.

"Friends don't go on dates to the movie," he says and before I can reply, the doctors come.

We both end out conversation and stand up simultaneously to see what he has to say.

"You guys can see her now," he says.

We rush to her room to see her on her phone.

"Jenna are you okay?" I asked going in for a hug.

"Yeah all good, just didn't eat and was weak." She says causing me to roll my eyes.

"Are you for real right now!" I say lightly slapping her shoulder.

"Ow Ness," She says laughing.

"What's the big deal," she says.

Before I can reply, Josh answers.

"She cancelled a date for you," he says and I shoot him a look.

"It wasn't a date, I was just hanging out with someone," I say looking back at Jenna.

"And who is that someone?" She asks.

I hesitate to answer. "Go on, tell her," Josh says and I roll my eyes.

"Uh- Vincent Jacobs." I say and as soon as those words leave my mouth, she gasps.

"What! Vincent Jacobs! Ness are you crazy! What would Luke say?" She says.

I totally forgot about how Luke would react to my sudden friendship with Vincent.

They both looked at me and teased me for the rest of the night, until she got the permission to go home.

••a/n••

Jenna out here scaring the crap out of Nessa and Josh.

Q.O.T.D. ~ favourite food? Mine is probably either Chinese or Shawarma :)

Vote and Comment!

Luv ya ;)
        ~dwightkshrutefr