| 23 |

IT WAS MY FAVOURITE DAY, the day of the ball. Note the sarcasm.

I wasn't excited but sadly I was already in the limo arriving. Apparently it's a tradition that I arrive late. Such bull crap

I walk in and all eyes go on me, if you know me, you knew I hated this. As soon as everyone started clapping, Lucas ran to me with Josh by his side. Why was he here? He knew he would have to dance with me if he was.

"Hey Ness, I'm so sorry, mom kept in forcing us to do this," he said.

"It's not your fault don't be sorry, what is he doing here?" I ask.

"You know I'm right here, right?" He asks harshly.

"I'm aware," I say.

"He wanted to be here," Luke says.

"You do realize that means my mom will force you to dance with me," I say looking over from Luke to Josh.

"Whatever," he said drinking from his glass.

I roll my eyes and go to the food stand. For some reason Lucas tells Josh to follow me.

"Stop, you don't have to follow me, your not my babysitter," I say continuing to walk.

"Boys are gonna be all over you, I'm doing you a favour," he says.

I make it there and grab a plate. Josh just stares at me expressionless.

"Hey babe," a voice says grabbing my waist.

"Hey Jason," I say.

"Hey Josh, been a while man," he says.

"Not long enough," Josh whispers under his breath.

I nudge him and he grunts.

"Ness!" He yells.

It had been a long time since I heard him say that. And I'd be lying if I said I didn't like the feeling.

"Uh I'll leave you two to it," Jason says as he kisses me.

Josh grabs my wrist and drags me to an empty hall after Jason left us.

"So you're with that idiot? Why are you having this event if you're with him? Your parents love him anyway," he scoffs.

"We aren't together, just—" he cuts me off.

"Ah I see, wow Ness, your not so innocent anymore." He laughs.

"What the hell is that supposed to mean!" I yell.

"Don't be mad, it's your big night, people will see you upset." He says.

"I wish you stayed in California," I say trying to walk away.

He grabbed me again and pulled me into him. His hands wrapped around my waist after I lost balance. He traced his fingers up to my hands and put them on his neck, then put his hands back on my waist. "Ness," he says breathing into my neck.

"Stop," I say quietly.

I couldn't get the courage to say it firmly, part of me wanted to kiss him.

"Stop what?" He says smirking.

"You know what," I say with a hitched breath.

"Ness—" I interrupt him.

"You can't call me that anymore," I say looking at my feet, not able to meet his eyes.