| 17 |

JOSH AND I spend the rest of the day doing everything one could at a carnival. There were rides and food, which really made my day.

It started off just us hiding from Lucas but then it became fun. As we approached a stand at the carnival near the beach, we heard a few camera's shudder.

Shit

If people saw pictures of us, we'd be screwed for sure.

Josh cursed under his breath and quickly grabbed my arms to pull me in his car. He drives off fast to my house to avoid them. I managed to stay away from their sight for so long, but now everything was crumbling down.

Josh and I made it home a short while after, and he walked me to my door.

"Ness," he says and I nod to look up to him.

"You like me, just admit it," he says as a smirk rises to his face.

The nerve of this guy!

"Don't expect us to get along, you've already made quite an impression," I say as he steps closer to me.

"Oh don't worry, I know how to change that," he cups my cheeks and I can feel the butterflies.

"I can tell how nervous you get around me," he says and quickly pecks my cheek.

"I'll be seeing you more often, Janessa" he says and walks backwards smirking at me.

Why did he make me feel this way?!

I enter my house and see Luke smirking coming out to me. He is about to grab me when my words stopped him.

"Luke, the paparazzi saw us," I say quietly.

"Shit," he said.

"Ness, How? You've always been the best at avoiding them." He says.

That wasn't even the worst part

"I was with Josh," I say.

"What! They saw you and Josh!" He says with a shocked look.

"Look Ness, I know your smart about this, but I need you to think, did they get any clear picture?" He asks.

"I only heard the camera after Josh realized they were there and pulled me out of their view, so no I don't think so," I reply.

"Do you think they'll spare Josh? I mean his dad's company and all?" I ask.

"I don't know Ness, hopefully they didn't capture a picture, because it's far worse for him than for you," he says and I nod.

Soon, I head upstairs to go in my room, and get comfortable. After I change into a oversized hoodie and joggers, I get in my bed and start surfing Netflix to see what to watch.

I heard a knock on my door and waited for the person to come in. It was Luke with a large bowl of popcorn and two drinks.

"I'm sorry for being tough on you Ness," he says and I nod.

"I get it, it was careless," I reply.

"So scoot on over, and put on grown ups please," he says and I smile.

Lucas and I could watch grown ups all we wanted, one of my favourite movies.

We continued the night laughing at every small scene and finally when the movie ended, I felt sort of sleepy.

"K well, goodnight Ness," he says.

"Goodnight Lukey," I say not in my senses due to how sleepy I was.