| 42 |

TODAY WE WERE going back home. I honestly didn't want to, but I guess we had to. Josh had a conference tomorrow and both our parents said they had big news for us.

What could it be? They seemed quite excited.

Lucas and Jenna on the other hand wanted to stay back for a while, which was the plan, but our parents said they needed to come back for the important news as well.

The drive back was long, a lot like the way here, very fun. Then came along a time where my suspicion was wiped away.

"Oh yeahhhh, Josh tell her," Luke says.

"The reason we were being so suspicious, always hiding things from you of ending conversations when you entered the room was because we were planning." Josh speaks.

"Planning...?" I ask.

"For the proposal," Jenna answers my confusion.

"But there were blueprint—"

"Yeah, of this place, and its backyard," Lucas says and I blush.

It felt so beautiful. Just talking about it brought back the beautiful view I had of last night. The gorgeous lights, everything was in my brain.

I smiled to the thought of it.

"You didn't think we were hiding something from you, did you Ness?" Josh asks smirking.

"Well you were, weren't you?" I return the smug smile.

"Touché." He smiled.

"Anyway, What do you think the news was?" I ask.

"I don't know, but it sure has our parents really anxious to tell us," Lucas says.

"So anxious that we had to cut our trip short," Jenna says pouting.

"It's okay, we are definitely coming back," Lucas says smiling at how upset she looked.

I swear for the rest of the car ride he just watched her, stared at her, and smiled every time her hair came in her face.

Boy was I right, my brother is definitely in love.

I fell asleep short after that, and woke up when we reached home. Josh carried me inside and I snuggled into his chest as we slept. I could see his smile threw the small space between my eyes as he played with my hair.

Twirling it, running his fingers through it, messing it up, and fixing it again. But he didn't sleep for a while.

I fell into my slumber and thought about what our parents wanted to tell us..
-
-
-
- NEXT DAY
-
-
-
"Come on, Ness! Hurry up," Jenna says throwing pillows in my face.

"What?!" I shriek.

"Can you get up already, we have to meet your parents in like— FOUR MINUTES!" She says checking her watch.

"COME ON!" She shrieked and pulled me out of bed.

"Ok, ok, I'm up," I say.

"Alright, change, and meet the three of us downstairs." She says and exits the room, leaving me with privacy to change.

I quickly change into black ripped high waisted jeans, with a cream colours hoodie.

I run down the stairs and check my phone for the time. WAIT! Jenna wasn't lying? We were actually late?? I thought she would only be saying that to get my out of my bed.

"Why didn't you wake me?!" I say to Josh who is waiting in the car.

"You were sleeping, I didn't want to," he says and a blush creeps it's way into my face.

We arrive at the beach house we were all so familiar with and see the parents sitting on the porch. There were smiles... but weird smiles.

Not fake necessarily, but not too happy. Ok, what the hell was going on.

"Kids, you made it!" My dad says hiding his sadness.

"Right, so let's get to business shall we," Josh's dad says.

I take a seat beside Josh and try to grab a drink, but he doesn't let me pull my hand away from him.

I try pulling it more, but he simply tightens his grip. UGH! We both knew I can't win in that department.

"Ok, so what the big news was, we have a way to end this contract." Josh's dad says.

"What contract?" Lucas asks.

"Josh and Ness's wedding," my mom says clearly frowning.

Although our dad's were doing a good job plastering fake smiles, the moms were clearly devastated.

I spit out my water when I hear the words. "W-what?" I ask.

I see Josh with the corner of my eyes, clenching his jaw and tightening his grip on me.

"What the hell do you mean by that?" Josh asks.

"We figured, you guys weren't happy in this wedding, so we did something about it," My dad says.

"Wait, What?" Lucas says clearly confused.

Believe me, the feelings is mutual between the four of us.

Jenna is looking at me, seeing my upset expression and comforts me by rubbing my arm.

What is honestly going on? This couldn't be right, they are kidding right.

"Dad, you were there at the restaurant when Ness told you that her and Josh loved each other right?" Lucas asks.

"Weren't you the one to do the toast?" Jenna adds on to Lucas.

"But we found out it was faked," Josh's mom utters her first words, looking devastated.

"What do you mean? No we didn't," I say getting a bit angry to these assumptions.

"Don't bother lying dear, we saw Josh and Marie," my dad says.

Marie? Who is Marie?

"Shit," I hear Lucas mumble under his breath.

What? He knew about this? I was honestly so confused. Who is Marie? The only person that was returning my expression, was Jenna. Everybody else knew.

"Who is Marie?" I ask.

"Josh's mistress," his mom whispers under her breath.

What? Josh's m-mistress? I wanted to cry, I was definitely on the verge of tears, but I hid it.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"Josh is having an affair," My mom says, gritting her teeth.

••a/n•

Heyoooo dudeessss, how it going?!!!????

Thoughts on the chapter?

Thank you all for 27k! We are honestly moving so fast and I really hope we can hit the 1k votes mark soon!

Everyday I yell 'WHY WE MOVING SO FUCKING FAST!' But I am not complaining you know 😂

Anyway hope you enjoyed! Luv ya ;)))