| 24 |

—————-
"It's going to be over soon
So I don't really have time
To get busy"
~Ursula Andress
—————-

I TRY TO HEAR HIS words correctly. Marry him? Marry Josh? No!

"No, no, no, I'm not marrying him," I say panting.

"Nessa please, calm down please!" He says as he tries to catch up to me.

"No! How can they be like this! Forcing marriage upon me? What is this the 1600s? I'm an independent women and can handle my life without a man!" I yell.

A part of me wants to laugh at my speech, but the tears help me to control it. "Nessa, its all part of their business deal," Lucas says.

"What the hell! I'm a part of their business deal? How selfish can they be? I'm not being sold to marriage!" I yell.

"Ness, I hate this more than anything, I tried for months to stop them—" I interrupt him.

"You— you knew, for months?" I ask as my voice breaks.

"Ness—" he says.

"No! How could you do this? You couldn't care to tell me?" I yell.

"Nessa, I tried, and tomorrow when they all meet for dinner—" I interrupt him once again.

"Dinner?" I shriek.

"Tomorrow, they are having a dinner with us all to plan the arrangement." He says clearing his throat.

"Will you be coming tomorrow?" He asks.

"No I'm not coming!" I yell.

I need to go home! I need to tell them that this is all complete bullshit! I will not marry Josh!

"You know what, I will come, to tell them all that this is bullshit!" I yell.

"You will do no such thing," my dad says entering the hall.

"Oh finally I'm told something crucial to my future!" I yell.

"Nessa, honey please, you have to marry, and you and Josh are so close, we just figured—"

"You figured you won't tell me and plan a whole marriage without a word to me!" At this point the tears don't stop.

"Come to dinner tomorrow, please," he speaks stepping closer to me.

"Don't wait up," I say and run out of the hall.

I didn't know where to go, what to do, but couldn't stand the face of any of my family members.

I get a cab and hurry to Jenna's, I just wanted to avoid them. I quickly reach at her house and she doesn't ask me much, we just watched funny movies. Soon she got a call from Lucas, who explained everything to her when I was 'sleeping'. I had to go tomorrow, my parents wouldn't have it any other way. Guess I had no choice.
-
-
-
-
-
-
The next day I woke up on Jenna's couch as she sprayed water on my face. "You're so impossible!" She yells.

"What the hell Jen!" I say as I try to wipe the water off my face.

"You love me and my ways," she spoke.

"Yeah yeah, so what should I wear tonight, it's my big engagement! I'm so excited," I say, note the sarcasm.

"I'm thinking a peach dress, those do look nice on you, make your hair wavy and simple jewellery will do the trick. We want to impress your soon to be husband," she says with sarcasm.