| 18 |

TOMORROW WAS THE grand welcoming of Josh and Lucas to their future companies. We were all celebrating at a large hall with a couple more hundred people.

All either clients, business friends or neither. All wanted to get to know Luke and Josh and we had to dress up really formally.

I didn't want to attend this event since I was just wanting to sit home in sweats and eat. But I was going to be in a hall full of many, many people.

Yay!!

I enjoyed events like these usually, but I was not in the mood. Since I was Luke's sister, mom believes that the attention would be on me as well, so she let me design my own dress. I wore a long, silky red dress that dragged on the floor as I walked.

As for my hair, I wore it in a messy bun hanging low, with curly strands in front of my face. I know many people would go full out for this event, way more than me just to impress Luke and Josh.

I reach the hall on my own since my parents and Luke needed to greet everyone. When I got there, Josh's family was also there.

Josh was wearing a black tux and Luke a blue one. Wherever they went, a herd of girls followed.

Doesn't that seem like fun

As I step into the hall, I see a few familiar faces I'd see on magazines.

I'd be lying if I said they weren't handsome.

Because they definitely were.

I quickly walk over to my mom but then see all those gossiping people around her and quickly go in a small hall way in the place.

It was quiet and I finally enjoyed this. As I go on my phone, to literally do anything else, I hear someone walk over with there loud shoes.

"Wow I thought people would be more excited to see me, especially ladies." He says referring to me rolling my eyes a few seconds ago.

I look up to see a very handsome man who looks my age. A closer look determines who he is.

"Jason Walkins." I say confused that it was him.

"Nessa Barrett, when was the last time we met, 6 years ago?" He asks and I nod.

I remember hanging out with him. "So Ness, As far as I remember it, you liked these events. What happened?" He asks and I stand up to as he comes closer.

"Got bored," I say simply.

"I saw your design collection, must say Ness it was amazing," he says.

"Thank you," I say.

"At least someone notices," I quietly speak under my breath.

"Did you say something?" He asks.

"No nothing at all," I reply.

I didn't want to seem like a spoilt brat, was I acting like one? I really hope not.

"So want to dance?" He asks lending a hand.

I look over his shoulder and see everyone is dancing.

"Sure I'd love to," I reply.

"Great, if I didn't mention this before, you look lovely," he says causing me to blush.

"Thank you," I say and put my hand in his which was in the air waiting for me.