| 28 |

—————-
"Don't get too close,
It can hurt you when they will leave you,
No one is permanent,"
~Kris Ray
——————

I WOKE UP AT Jules opening the blinds to my large windows. They let a very bright sun shining at me. I wake up and look at my surroundings.

Oh yeah, I was married.

"Good morning, breakfast?" She asks.

"Sure," I say and she leaves to let me freshen up. I stay in my sleepwear and come down to have a relaxed day. My dad said Josh had some honeymoon thing planned out because he asked me to stay home for a week.

If he did that, where was he now?

"Where is Josh?" I ask as Jules cooks.

"Oh he wanted me to tell you, he has a business meeting and will be back in a week," she says.

I give a smile and get though breakfast. So this was my 'surprise' as a honeymoon. He works and I stay home. I understand we aren't together and all, but it was the day after my wedding day, and he already left. It kinda blowed.

My phone rings and I try to hide my disappointment to answer Jenna's phone. "Hey!! How is the infamous honeymoon we all spend hours guessing about last night," she said.

"You guys were guessing?" I ask.

"Yeah, we are deeply invested, anyway, I hope I'm not disturbing it?" She asks.

"You aren't interrupting anything, because there is no honeymoon, Josh is on a work trip." I say.

I can tell Jenna is disappointed but she tried to show me the upsides. I heard the bell echo and go to answer it since I let Jules off early.

"Hey Sister in lawwwww," Josh's friend Adam says.

We met at the wedding and they two seemed close. He was funny and probably the only one of his friends I liked. He insisted on letting him call me 'sister in law' so I went with it.

"How's it going?" I ask.

"Well I wanted to see how Josh was treating you," he says looking for him.

"Where is he?" He asks once again.

"Business trip," I respond trying to not to show how I felt about it.

"What the hell!" Adam yells.

"It's your first night together and he alre-" I interrupt him.

"Hey, forget about it, how about we watch a movie?" I ask.

I really needed something to get my mind off of him. So we decided to watch The Vampire Diaries. Turns out Adam just started it a while back.

"Yes! Klaus come save her," Adam says invested to the show as I laugh.

"Stop this isn't funny, Tyler is an idiot for biting her!" He shouts.

"I know! I know! But this is really funny," I say trying to catch my breath from all the laughing.

"So do you ship Tyler and Caroline?" Adam asks me.

"Uh- hell no! Klaroline all the way, I love Klaus," I say.

"Ah Yes, that English bastard," he says looking over at the popcorn bowl, hinting me to make more.

"Fine!" I say and he chuckles.

"So how is Josh when he is not a jerk?" I ask.

"Pretty closed off in front of others, but in front of me and Lucas, he is definitely different," he says.

"He isn't that bad you know? He always talked about you in L.A." He says catching me by surprise.

"Uh- ehm, doesn't sound like him when he is with me, but it doesn't matter, let's talk about that something else," I say trying to change the topic.

"Sure, so lets talk about this stupid guy Tyler," he says pointing at the tv.

After spending the night obsessing over the show, we call it a night and he goes home. Today wasn't as bad as I had expected when it had begun.

I go into my room which still felt very weird. I was very, very homesick. I wanted to decorate. So I did so by getting posters of some movies, some songs, some shows and other random stuff to decorate. At the end of the night, I was exhausted but very happy with my room.

I missed my mom. I missed my dad. I missed them all so much. Especially Lucas and Jenna. But obviously, I couldn't go home. I had to spend my time alone in this large house.

Tomorrow, I wasn't going to sulk around the house doing nothing. Josh was at work and I was going to do the same. I'll work. This wasn't a proper marriage where we love each other. Like he said, it was just a business deal.

I got under my covers and turned on my best friend in this house, my tv.
-
-
-
-
-
-
JOSH RICHARDS pov

I get a phone call from Adam and answer it.

"What's up dude?" I ask.

"What's up? Where are you?" He asks angrily.

"Uh home," I lie.

"Shut up with the lies, will you?" he says.

"Fine what do you want," I ask.

"It's been a day and your working!" He yells.

"Come on, it isn't a big deal," I say trying to get him to stop.

"Wait why? Was she upset?" I ask.

I know it sounded horrible, but I wanted him to say yes. I wanted her to miss me because the whole day passed by and I missed her. I missed her so much and it has only been one day. There were still six days left and I couldn't see her. God why am I missing her so much!

"She said no, but I could tell she was kind of hurt, don't worry I kept her company though, we watched vampire diaries. You were right dude, I did start hating Tyler," he said.

God how this man switches fast. But I just wished I was there beside her, watching her expressions change as the scenes go on. I wanted to be with her.

"Wait! Who are you with?" He asked as he heard noise from my side of the line.

"Tell me that isn't Maria!" He yells.

"Uh- it isn't Maria," I say even though I'm sure he can tell when I lie.

"What the hell Josh!" He yells.

"Dude, I know what it sounds like but I promise I would never cheat on Ness. I'm just telling her to stop calling and texting me, I would never do that to Ness," I say and deep inside, he knows.

"Yeah I know, you love her too much," he says.

I didn't bother arguing, because he knows it's the truth. To sum it up, I was very drunk and well.. you can guess.

He hung up after giving me a lecture about how I was hurting her. I didn't want to hurt her but this was a deal, and I could get too close which would not be right.

I can't get too close

••a/n••

I'm honestly really sorry for taking a while to update but school work has been on my nerves lately.

That being said, I will try to update better but it might not be too well.

Vote. Comment. Follow.

Luv ya ;)
~dwightkshrutefr