| 15 |

TODAY WAS THE DAY when mom, dad and Lucas would finally come home. To say these days without them here were hectic was the least.

The thing with Josh wore down a little as he was bound to talk to us. I remained far from him. When he tried to stir up conversations, I just said I had to go somewhere or couldn't stay.

He could probably tell since every time this happened, he just rolled his eyes and got annoyed. I didn't want to talk to him nor see him but that couldn't happen because of school.

And now it was going to be impossible with Luke coming back. Josh would be over at our house all the time and Lucas doesn't even thought what happened.

I don't plan on telling him either.

They were supposed to be here after the school day so I went to school and started my classes.

As the bell rang for school to be over, I was in a rush and bumped into someone, causing both of our books to drop.

"I'm sorry," he said and I looked up.

Of course it was Josh.

I nodded my head and tried walking away fast but he grabbed my wrist causing me to turn fast. "Your books Ness," he said.

Even if I didn't want to admit it, my stomach fluttered when I heard him say my name.

"Uh thanks," I say.

Once again he pulls me in closer than ever, no space between us. "Ness can we please talk?" He said and before I can reply, Stacy comes in from the back.

I rolled my eyes and walked away. I could here him saying my name but I ignored it.

{at home}

I tried getting home quick so I can take a quick bath before they arrive so I quickly run to the house.

"Ness!" Luke yells from the back.

"Oh my god your home," I say as he pulls me in for a hug.

"How was it," I ask and he continues to tell me his experiences there.

"What about Josh, what's going on there?" He asks. My heart sinks.

"We chose to stay- stay friends." I lie.

We aren't even friends.

"Really? Nessa, we both know you can't lie to me," he says and I role my eyes.

"Cmon Ness don't exp-" he gets cut off by the bell.

I go to the door and open it to Josh.

"Uh Hey Uh is Luke home?" He asks.

"Uh yeah," I reply.

He enters and door and Luke approaches us. Before he reaches us, I quickly tip toe to Josh's ear.

"If he asks, we chose to be friends," I say quickly and he displays a confused look.

"You didn't tell h-" he gets cut off but I nod.

"Josh!" Luke yells and they both catch up on how the past days were.

I go up to my room leaving them alone to catch up and turn on my tv. I watch Vampire Diaries up until there is a knock on my door.

"Come in," I say.

"Ness, why didn't you tell him?" Josh asks entering my room.

"Uh I don't know, I didn't want you two to split up your romance," I say and he laughs.

"Ness can we please talk?" He asks with a quiet voice.

"Josh I don't-" he cuts me off.

"No Ness, I've waited just please hear me out," he says and I hesitate but end up nodding.

"Ok," I reply and he takes a seat beside me on my bed.

"I was really drunk that night, and I wanted to see you, it didn't matter what or how, but I didn't want to be with Stacy. Me being drunk I just said random shit and she asked if she should do anything and I nodded." He says.

"Look I swear I told her many times to never do anything but she never listened. When I heard she was actually planning I met her at the arcade, that night when you and Luke came. She even said she wouldn't do anything," Josh says.

"But she heard you and Luke talk?" I ask.

He nods to answer my question.

"It's fine," I say breaking the silence.

He looks up at me surprised. "I know how she can be, I don't blame you," I say and a big smile comes to his face.

"Does this mean we are fine?" He asks.

"Yes," I say smiling.

"Ness does this mean you'll date me," he asks.

"I'm sorry Josh," I say

The smile leaves his face instantly.

"What why!" He says causing me to flinch.

"Baby why not?" He asks.

"I can't be like this, with you," I say and he runs his hand through his hair.

"Ness," he says with a quiet voice.

"You should go Josh," I say and he tries saying something. He ends up just not saying it and walks out of my room.

A while after he left, I could see him with Luke as they were watching a movie.

Way to have a good senior year

"Chinese for dinner?" I ask and they both nod.

I order in for them and we all enjoy watching together as we eat.

"So you two? Just friends?" Lucas asks.

Josh quickly answers. "Yes," he says and I smile.

"Yup"

••a/n••

Thoughts on what's happening with Josh and Nessa?

Q.O.T.D. ~ Any favourite rappers? Playboi Carti  and NLE Choppa for me🤩

Vote and Comment!

Luv ya ;)
        ~dwightkshrutefr