| 16 |

I WAKE UP to the sound of Lucas yelling at someone but I couldn't tell who, since Luke didn't give the other person a chance to explain.

I quietly crept down the stairs enough to see who the guy was. It was Josh.

What could he have done to make Luke so mad?

A week and a half ago we were down stairs eating Chinese takeout together and laughing.

Now he was furious. I thought Josh had changed crazy. He came to class late, he had a different girl on his lap every day.

Yes that broke my heart, over and over again. But that would make me a hypocrite, wouldn't it?

Lucas finally stopped rambling and talked in a way I would understand his words.

"That's like the 7th women you've slept with this week!" He yelled.

I could feel my eyes start to water up, but I quickly tried stopping.

"Would you be quiet what if someone hears?" I hear Josh finally talk.

"My parents aren't home," Luke replies.

"Nessa," Josh says quietly.

"Oh yeah, let's talk about my sister. Who you so called were crazy about? And now you sleep with other girls! What the hell is wrong with you!" Luke yells.

"I've been busy with work and I just need distractions from—" he stopped mid sentence.

Lately, everything became crazy. It was our senior year and we were all being crazy talked about.

Josh is taking over his dad's company Richards Enterprises and Luke was going to take over my dad's company Barrett Partnership.

Me on the other hand wasn't being rushed. Our school didn't find this too shocking and neither did I, since we all new that Josh and Luke would take over their dad's billion dollar companies.

We were always spoilt with things provided to us and now it was like Luke was growing up without me. Even though he was only 47 seconds older.

"Look Josh, I get it, you need a wing women for all your dad's events, but why not just ask Ness or something?" Lucas asks.

"No, no, no, no, no! I'm not asking Ness," he says.

Why couldn't he ask me?

"Why not?" Luke asks my question.

"Because, she would say no, plus if I do go with Ness, they all are gonna think it's serious since our dad's are friends and she actually has a social status other than all the other randoms I bring to the events." He says.

He did have a point. The media always found a way to connect weird dots together and If Josh and I were seen together, they'd think we are on our honeymoon.

I stood leaning to much that it caused a creak sound. That caused Josh and Luke to look at the stairs but I ran quickly to my room. I got in the bathroom and turned on the shower as I pretended it was on.

"Hey Ness, when did you wake up?" Luke asks from the other side of the door.

I pretended to not hear to emphasize the fact that I was in the shower.

I leaned my ear to the door and heard Luke speak to Josh.

"She didn't hear it," he said to Josh.

Josh sighs.

"Look, I won't stop bringing different girls, I need distractions," he said to my brother.

"Your hurting Nessa," Luke says.