| 9 |

"What happened?" I ask Luke as he comes back from the arcade.

"Just needed to talk to Josh that's all," he says and I nod.

"Oh, " I reply.

"Nessa, if he asked you out what would you say?" He asked.

"He would never ask me out," I lie.

"Oh please, I know he has done it before, why do you always say no? You like him for sure and he definitely likes you," he says.

"Luke, I don't want to talk about Josh." I say but he acts as if he hadn't heard if.

"Nessa, is it because you think I'll be mad?" He asks and I get up from my seat in the car.

I miss the heated seat

Focus Nessa, not about the heated seat, but the argument at hand.

As I close my car door, Lucas makes his way out. "How are you gonna get home?" He asks angrily.

"I'll walk," I say looking back at him.

"Seriously Nessa get back!" He yelled but I didn't turn around.

After many calls from him and a lot of yells across the parking lot of Dave and Buster's, he finally took the hint and went home.

I on the other hand, didn't want to see Lucas. He was going to ask questions and questions even if I answer no.

So I walk to Jenna's. "Hey, can I come in?" I ask as Alex opens the door.

"Sure, but Jenna isn't here right now, do you wanna wait?" Jenna's brother asks.

"Uhm no I'm good, thank you," I say and before he can reply, I get off her porch throwing a smile at him.

Where do I go now? I couldn't go to Kylie's, she was busy studying for a test and no matter how much she would insist on talking, she needs to study.

So I go home now? Looks like it.

I swing the door open and see Lucas waiting as he paces through the room. "Where were you?" He asks pulling me in for a hug.

"Just didn't want to come home," I say and he grabs my hands. He leads me to the couch and takes a seat across me.

"Ness, why don't you wanna date Josh?" He asks and I couldn't give him the same excuse anymore.

"He is with Stacy," I lie.

"Ness please, he doesn't even want her, he wants you," he says.

That's news to me.

"So what's the problem?" He asks.

"Lucas, I just feel if it doesn't work out, I'll be ruining everything, it would be so awkward," I answer.

"It is already awkward. So like it would be pretty good," he says.

As I try to say something in rebuttal, he cuts me off to add on to his statement.

"You two would be crazy happy together," he says.

"I don't know Luke, If Stacy wants him and I date him, my life would be hell," I say and he nods.

"Yeah but Josh wouldn't leave you alone in those times, he would help. Obviously everyone else too, like me, Jen, Kylie, Alex, and Carter. We all love hurting Stacy." He says.