| 22 |

ON MY WAY HOME the drive is short and I walk out the car. I see the house Josh lived at and people were moving in. I guess Luke was right. Josh and I hadn't talked since our big fight a couple years ago at his and Luke's welcome ball. No one mentions his name anyway, but when it is mentioned, my heart breaks a little.

I was stubborn and stupid but I still wish he had stayed.

I stop staring at the house, and see a car parked, it was mom and dad's.

I open the door and enter the kitchen where mom is cutting something.

"Hey mom what are you doing here?" I ask.

"Well usually you come home later so we wanted to surprise you then, but I guess I can show you now," she says leading me to the backyard.

"Nessa!" Josh's mom screams coming to me.

"Hey!" I say faking a smile. I had absolutely nothing against her, but since her and her husband were here, it meant Josh was too, and I really hoped he wasn't.

"Oh my, you're still so beautiful dear," she says and I thank her.

"So Nessa how has it been?" Josh's dad asks.

"It's been tough but nice," I say.

"Yes, we hear about you so often. Opening up your own boutique from scratch and having such a good outcome! Your like the women every lady talks about when wanting a dress back in California," he says.

I smile. Not fake. Genuine. I was so happy my work was liked.

"Anyway you can go say hi to Josh, he is with Jenna and Lucas over there." My mom says pointing to them.

"Maybe later, I have to work," I say.

I wasn't lying. But I didn't have to work. I simply wanted to.

I go upstairs and start a few sketches. Later, I get hungry and go downstairs. I slowly walk down the stairs hoping the Richards' are gone, and thank god they were. I use the bathroom and go to the kitchen to see Josh there, cooking.

He looks up at me and I pretend I don't notice, since I only saw him from the corner of my eye.

I go in the kitchen, pass him and open the freezer to get some ice cream.

"You're gonna ruin your dinner," he spoke to me in a very harsh tone.

I chose to ignore him. I knew what he was like. The whole country knew about 'Josh Richards' and his ways. Having a different girl every night was something his was known for.

"Fine, but then don't eat what I'm cooking," he practically yells causing me to flinch. I hadn't done anything, why was he such a jerk.

"I was ordering in anyway," I say and go upstairs. I order some food, and once it arrives I answer the door.

"Uh I'm short 5 dollars let me get the money," I say and run to Lucas.

Luke I forgot my purse at the shop, can you please help me!! Give me five dollars," I beg.

He laughs and Josh rolls his eyes. Jenna convinces Luke to give me 5 dollars and soon I rush to the door and pay.

I empty my pasta into a bowl and grab a drink. "So Nessa, all things set for tomorrow?" Lucas asks.

I roll my eyes, "Yes," I answer.

"Wait can I dance with some of your bachelors?" Jenna asks clearly joking to see how Luke reacts.

"Uh no," he says.

"Actually it would be better if you go as me, I'm only going for the food, you can dance with them all," I say and Lucas stands up from the couch.

"No!" He says and we all laugh.

"They're teasing man, calm down," Josh says.

The only time he isn't mean is with Luke. God why was he such a jerk to me.

"Hey, wanna play the game that started this in the first place?" Lucas asks, referring to the Court Of Law game.

"I'm in," Jenna says.

"Me too," Josh adds.

"Uhm you guys play, I still have work to do," I say causing Lucas to groan.

"Stop working for five minutes Ness!" He says.

"No can do," I say.

"Fine, come down though, we are all camping down," Lucas says.

"No it's cool, you guys sleep down here, I'll be upstairs, goodnight," I say.

I didn't want to be in the same room as Josh, so this was my only way.

I turn around and head up the stairs.

"Ugh Nessa!" I hear Jenna say but chose to ignore it.

I didn't want to go tomorrow, it was going to be tiring and I most definitely didn't want to dance with all those guys.

But the food...

••a/n••

Ball is tomorrow folksss!!!

Q.O.T.D. ~ y'all excited about the ball!! Bruh I so ammmm

Now I have to go study :(

Sorry if my posting schedule is wack, I have a lot of work to do and barely get time.

Vote and Comment!

Luv ya ;)
        ~ dwightkshrutefr