| 41 |

"HOW ABOUT LAW?" Jenna says.

"What?" I ask.

"Let's play court of law," she says.

"Jen you good? You hate that game more than you hate the concept of slaughtering animals," I reply.

"Yeah, but I have had a change of mind, let's play please." She spoke and Josh nods.

"Sounds fun?" Josh asks Lucas and I.

"Cool with me," Lucas says and I nod.

"Sure." I reply and they get the setup out.

Like before, there were two wooden tables for the lawyers, and one big sitting podium for the judge. We thought it would be very cool to play outside, so we turned on the lamps that were outside and sat there. Lucas, who was the judge this time, assigned Jenna to Josh.

So it was team them against me. Jenna was playing the lawyer against me, as Josh played a guy named Dean Allen. Josh handed me the prosecutor's files and I scanned through them. This was a weird case.

Joleen Allen murdered at the foot of her home in Texas.
Murder Weapon: knife
Fingerprints: husband; Dean Allen
Prime suspect: Dean Allen

A husband killing his wife? Must be some epic love story. I looked at Jenna weirdly and she nodded looking at the case. What kind of case was this?

Lucas called for the session to begin, and with that we started. Obviously first we made coffee so I can deal with Lucas as a judge, but then we got to it.

"Your honour, we have reason to believe that Dean Allen, the victims husband, is to blame for this murder." I say as I stand up at the spot.

"As written on the case files, the murder weapon is a knife. This knife had only two people's finger prints, and those were Joleen's and her husbands. Coroners have said it is not a suicide," I say.

"Defendants, anything to say," Lucas speaks.

"Yes your honour. The victim and my client both lived in that house, finger prints are all over every item in there. Whose to say that someone didn't come and kill her whilst wearing gloves? He used that knife to cut and cook, nothing more." Jenna speaks.

"Objection Your honour," I say standing up.

"Sustained," he speaks.

"I'd like to call Dean Allen to stand," Jenna says and Lucas nods.

Josh approaches the stand and smirks at me. He thinks he can win?! Oh hell no.

"Mr. Allen, how much did you love your wife?" Jenna asks.

"Objection your honour, relevance?" I speak standing up from my spot.

"Sustained." He says again.

I try to hold back from rolling my eyes and take my seat again.

"I loved her very much, with all my heart," Josh spoke, as he did so, he put his hand on his chest and wiped a 'tear'.

Why is he making this so extra?

"Did you two get into a fight?" Jenna asks.

"Yeah we did, a fight over who loved who more, before I left for work." He says acting nervous.