| 5 |

It was finally Friday, the day everyone was waiting for. Most were excited for Kylie's party but I was interested in something else. I was waiting for one of my friend to come over.

Kendall and I had always been friends but then she switched school due to her dad's new job. This didn't stop us from being close but just took away a few opportunities to hang out.

"Kendall's coming in 2 hours!!!" I yell and see Josh roll his eyes.

"Okay who is Kendall!" He asks.

"You've been saying her name for the past 2 days." He adds on causing me to chuckle.

"Her best friend from a long time ago but she moved," Lucas answered for me.

"She does this every time she comes to visit," he says and I roll my eyes.

Josh and Lucas were inseparable. They were like a new couple that wouldn't leave each other's side but instead they were straight. Or were they?

I got used to seeing Josh waiting for me in the car with Lucas and Jenna and everytime I got home, there he was, with Lucas. Nothing ever happened with us after that day at breakfast. But those butterflies would come every time he smiled at me. Stacy was with Trevor, so I didn't really care for her and Josh being a thing.

All in all, life was good and

"Kendall is coming in 1 hour and 53 minutes!" I yell.

"Nessa your so annoying!" Josh yells.

"You love my presence Josh, shut up," I reply and he gets up from his chair to face me.

"You're right, I love your presence," he says moving a strand of my hair behind my ear.

Not this again

"Ness what are you wearing" he asks as I look down at my outfit. I was confused right about now.

What was wrong with my outfit? It was just a black crop top, a windbreaker on top and high waisted pants that match the windbreaker.

"Why is it that ugly?" I lightly chuckle.

"What the hell no, you can't wear this stuff around me." He says making my body feel weak.

"Your beautiful Ness, wish I could do something about it." He says and I quickly reply.

"Then why don't you?" I ask and he laughs cupping my cheek.

"I would've if you were 47 seconds older," he says causing my smile to leave.

"I hate you," I say and get away from him. He pulls my arm and leaves no space between us.

"You don't mean that Nessa!" He yells quietly and I nod.

"I do." I simply answer.

"If you do, then please stop me from what I do next." He says and I stare at him confused.

He moves his hand from my wrist to my waist. He pulls in closer to me and kisses me. His words stay in my head 'if you do, then please stop me from what I do next' . I would've done that, if it was what I truly wanted. But it wasn't. I wanted to kiss him. It felt too good, too perfect to be true.

My hands went from awkwardly beside me to grab his neck. This caused him to smile as he laughed at the height difference but that didn't matter to him. To make it easier for me, he made an impulse decision.

"Jump," he lightly says breathing into my ear.

My heart started beating faster and faster. I did what he asked and wrapped my legs around this waist. Without breaking the kiss, he started walking towards to wall and pushed me against it. I've kissed people before, various people.

But no kiss made me feel the way Josh's did right now. Keeping that in mind, I regret what I said next.

He pulled away smiling leaning his forehead on mine. "Been waiting too long to do that," he spoke causing me to blush crazy. But this couldn't happen.

"We can't do this, your Luke's friend." I say and the smile leaves his face.

"No, it can work Nessa come on," he says as I let go of him.

I try to walk away from as he groans loudly in anger. In a quick second he grabs my wrist and pulled me close to him. "So you just kiss me and then act like nothing happened, or you didn't like it." He says. I try to think of a response but he cuts me off. "Whether you like to admit it or not, you liked it Nessa, don't tell me otherwise," he said as my breathe hitched.

"But Lucas-" he cut me off.

"He is in love with your best friend, you can like his," he says and I laugh.

"Please just admit you liked it," he said seeming so vulnerable. It felt nice to make Josh feel vulnerable.

"I liked it," I said and suddenly Lucas reappeared.

"What is going on here?" He asked chuckling and I finally see what he is talking about. There was no space between Josh and I.

"Actually Nessa and I-" he started speaking but I cut him off.

"We're just saying goodbye," I say and he looks at me with anger in his eyes.

"Whatever you say," Luke says leaving us alone.

"What the hell? You said you liked it," he spoke.

"Doesn't mean it works, please I have to go for-" I say and he finishes my sentence.

"For Kendall, I know," he says and I nod my head.

"Yeah, for Kendall," I say as I walk up the stairs. As I walk, I feel his eyes on me but I try not to turn around. No matter how much I wanted to.

{a short while later}

"Ness, the bell rang," I heard Luke yell as I squealed my way down the stairs. I saw Josh role his eyes as he smiled from the corner of my eye when I open the door.

"Kendall!!!" I yell causing Josh to come near.

"Hey, you must be Kendall, I'm Josh," he said as I prayed she didn't say what I thought she would say.

"Yeah I know who you are, Nessa always talks about you." She says and I get nervous.

She said it.

"Oh is that so?" He asked as I roll my eyes hinting for him to move on.

"Well nice meeting you," he said shaking her hand and I see Luke come up.

"Ugh, it's you," he said and Kendall gave him a hug.

"Hey, hows it going with Jenna, what has it been for the married couple, 17 years?" She said and Luke rolled his eyes.

After hellos to all my family, we both head upstairs... excited as hell.

•• a/n••

What's going on with Josh and Nessa?

Q.O.T.D. ~ what are your thoughts about Josh and Bryce's diss track "still softish." I love it and need the merch asap!!!

Vote and comment like usual...

Luv ya ;)
       ~ dwightkshrutefr