| 6 |

Today was Saturday, and Kendall and I were going to my other friends house, Maddie. Maddie and I weren't as close but she was quite close to Kendall so when she found out she was in town, she invited the both of us.

As I run downstairs to get the keys before Lucas can say anything, I see my mom standing in the kitchen.

"Where are you going?" She asks.

"Remember I told you, Maddie invited Kendall and I," I say.

"Honey, today is the dinner with the Richards'," she says and Josh joins the conversation.

"It's today?" He asks.

"Yes dear, do you have plans?" My mom asks and before he can reply, Lucas joins in.

"Well he has a date tonight," Luke says.

My eyes felt weird, almost if they were tearing up. My legs went numb from what I just heard. Why was Josh going on a date?

I snapped out of thought and looked over to Josh to see he was looking at me in guilt.

"I'm not coming tonight, I need to be with Kendall, she is going to leave soon," I say and my mom replies.

"Sorry Ness but you have to stay at home," Lucas says and I look over to my mom to see she is nodding at his statement.

I loudly groan my way up to my room and after a while, drop Kendall to Maddie's.

When I make it home, I head straight to my room without any word to anyone. As soon as I go in my room, I turn on the tv to watch something that would not make me think of this stupid dinner. "Vampire Diaries it is," I say and hear the door open.

"Hey," Josh says peering his head through the door.

"What do you want?" I ask him.

"I just wanted to clear things up, about my date," he says and I rudely reply.

"It doesn't matter to me, if that's what your wondering," I say and he sits in my bed.

"It doesn't?" He asks and I nod.

"Why would it?" I say. As he is about to say something else, I cut him off.

"Nothing happened between us, you can forget about it," I say and I can see him get angry.

"Well I'll have you know, it's Stacy, my date," he says and my heart shatters.

I can hardly even reply, why the hell was he going out with Stacy! Out of all people! As I try to open my mouth, he steps out of my room.

Oh no, he doesn't get to go out of my room thinking I was jealous. Which I totally was, but only because it was Stacy.

I hear my mom say from downstairs, "Nessa, they're here, come down please." She says and I quickly get dressed.

I put in a black, long sleeved dress that came a little of my knee. My hair was simply open and straightened with small jewelry I wore to match with my dress.

I head downstairs to see Josh's parents, for the first time.

"Hey you must be Nessa," Josh's mom said and I smile.

"Hi," I reply and before I can say anything else, she wraps me in a hug.

"Well Josh here told us about you," Josh's dad adds on. I turn around to see Josh ribbon his hand on the back of his neck, bending his neck. He was blushing and embarrassed.

I turn around to smirk at him as his cheeks get really red. "Alright how about we head to the table," My mom says and they follow. I wait at the back of the bunch to talk to Josh.

"So you talk about me? Awh how cute," I say and he stops looking shy and his face turns more mischievous. Oh no

I see him trying to grab me and I quickly run. "Nessa, Josh don't run!" I hear my mom say and out parents all laugh. As I'm running for my life, I pass Jenna and Lucas who didn't help when I begged them to.

I finally make it to the backyard and feel trapped, Josh was athletic and I was, not.

He quickly grabs me from my waist and holds me up, spinning me around.

"Josh!" I say as I end up laughing and I can see him smile.

"Put me down," I say and he looks at me.

"Sure," he says and I try to slow my breathing. As he puts me down, he still has his hands on my waist and kisses me. God why did he have to do that.

I lean in and kiss him back not knowing what I was doing. He pulls away, breathless and leans his head on mine.

"Ness, don't kiss me and say you didn't want to, just tell me now," he says in a low voice. My heart beat starts going faster and faster by the second as his words and vulnerability.

"Josh-" I say and I guess he knew what I was going to say by my voice.

"God damn it Nessa," he says letting go of my waist. "Why do you even kiss me then," he says causing me to flinch at his loud voice.

"I- I wanted to," I say and he rolls his eyes running his hands through his hair.

"Bullshit! Look Nessa I want to be with you, not Stacy but you, but you always find ways to say no, so I'm done." He says causing a tear to she'd down my cheek.

No matter how much I didn't want to admit, he was right. I was confusing him and myself. It wasn't fair to him. I didn't bother running up to him. Only thing that made it worse was I wanted to be with him as well.

{after dinner}

"Josh are you going now?" His mom asks and he nods.

"Where are you going Josh?" Jenna asks and I look at him.

Hi eyes are on me and meeting mine. Were others noticing this?

"I have a date," he said and I looked away from him to look at my plate in front of me.

He left and went on his amazing date with Stacy. It drove me insane but it didn't matter. He wasn't mine.

•a/n••

We have a long night ahead of us!

Q.O.T.D. ~ Where are you guys from?

Vote and comment please!

Luv ya ;)
~ dwightkshrutefr