| 44 |

I FELT FINE not happy, not sad, just there. Nothing to look forward to, nothing to put a smile on my face. No Josh around me, or to hold me.

I hate to admit it, but I missed him. But I couldn't, right?

I diverted my attention from him and looked in front of me on my marble counter.

In my hands were a pen, hovering over papers that needed my signature. Divorce papers.

I liked to believe that I could deal with relationships, but cheating? Hell no. I don't stand by that.

So here I am, conflicted to if I should sign these papers or not, I was so confused.

I took my glass of wine and take a small sip, when something snaps on me. I was being an idiot. I can't just divorce him, I need to hear him out first.

I grab my car keys and rush to my parking.
-
-
-
- AT THE JOSH AND NESSA'S HOME
-
-
My car ride went different as planned. I meant to ask Josh what happened, why he did it, but I got a call from Lucas.

He told me how Josh was these past days and I asked him instead, not being able to hold it in any longer... and he told me.

Obviously I wished he would've told me, both of them. But they didn't.

It felt a little reassuring that Josh told Lucas, showing that it was all on her part, but it still got to me. I get out of my car and ring the bell to our place.

The door is answered a couple minutes later by Josh. He is in his sweats and no shirt, his hair grown out a little. He is stunned to see me, that much I can tell by the shocking look on his face as he opened the door.

I don't say a word and walk in the house, as it reeked of alcohol. Josh walked behind me and the minute he walked closer, I could smell the strong alcohol. Oh god, he has been drinking.

"What are you doing here?" He asks.

"I wanted to here you explain," I stammer looking around at the surrounding. "But Lucas told me,"

"You know like twenty minutes ago I was signing divorce papers, over something so dumb, and now—"

"You were signing divorce papers?" He asks and I nod.

"Why'd you change your mind?" He asks sitting down on the counter. "I don't know, to be honest," I reply truthfully.

"Will you stay?"

"I'm not entirely sure," I speak truthfully.

There is silence for a while until Josh finally breaks it by speaking. "I'm really sorry Ness, but I can't live without you, these past days have honestly been the worst days of my life and they were shit. Please come back home," he spoke.

I wanted to come home, to Josh. So I spoke, "I'm coming home,"

It took him a second to get back to what he was thinking, he was stunned to say that least and then he smiled. "What?"

"I'll move back—" I'm interrupted by him coming at me and instantly launching his arms at my waist. He spins me around and I attach my hands to his neck to gather stability. When he stops spinning me, he puts me on the floor, and cups my cheeks.

He leans in and kisses me with passion, like everything depended on the kiss. I could feel the intensity of it, but I loved every second. I missed this so much, him.

He pulls away and leans his head on mine and smiles at me as I gain my breathe again from his kiss. My lips were swollen and red and I could tell he smirked at the image. "I love you, I missed you so much," he says.

"I love you too, I'm sorry for not believing you," I say and he nods.

"No, it's not your fault, I should've told you, but let's not talk about that anymore." He says and I nod.

He placed a slow and passionate kiss, softer than last time and brushed my hair from my face. "But Josh what about her, she won't sto—"

"She will, I mean she did," he finishes my sentence. "What do you mean?"

"Well Jenna, she got really mad at the bitch Marie, so found some shit on her and pulled some strings, now Marie has a restraining order against all of us, even our families," he says and I look stunned.

"Jenna... did all of this?" I ask.

"Mmhm, she did it as soon as you left the place, she is really scary if you do something to her, you know?" He says rubbing his thumbs on my cheek.

"Yeah I know,"

I smile and start gathering the bottles all around the house. "What are you doing?" He asks.

"Cleaning,"

"Fuck, I guess I have to help."

He shakes his head and starts gathering the bottles in a bag.

I was happy back home..

••a/n••

Bahahahhahaha I just wanted y'all to scroll, I think I'm on crack but I've never done that shii😂

Happy readingssss