The Archer Preparation Before The Battle

Branwen Tribe Evening

Raven'sPOV

It was getting late, nightfall quickly descended upon my tribe. I was sat on my bed waiting for Vernal to return from the scouting mission on Salem's team, I hear foot steps as I see my right hand woman enter my tent.

Raven: Yes, Vernal?

Vernal: I followed them like you asked.

Raven: Did they spot you?

She didn't respond, I take a quick glance at her, she looked away from me; in shame I'm guessing. so she was spotted...But way didn't they kill her. They don't seem like the kind to show any kind of mercy. Vernal suddenly decided to talk again.

Vernal: That Archer saw me.

I get to me legs, a sped walked to her. I stared into her eyes, they had fear, but not from me, but for that damn bowman. It was clear, he saw her.

Raven: So, were are they right now?

Vernal: They have a ship two clicks west of here. Looks like they're staying there for the night.

Raven: I wasn't asking about that group of Salem's lackeys. I was asking where that Archer and Berserker are.

Vernal: What do you mean Raven?

???: I'm I really that obvious, guess I should have at least entered at the same time as your follower.

I heard his insufferable voice from every angle but there wasn't any sign of him. I looked around the tent until my eyes locked on to blue some particles swaying into the shape of a man; then they gained the features of that man.

He stood there, with his arms crossed waiting for something. His bronzed muscles flexed, his height was way beyond mine. His face carried no expression like before, his snow-white hair drooped low in a scruffy manner, I find that my eyes have locked with his. the dead silver pupils showed no hatred, anger or spit even though there was a slight frown in brows. I then noticed a red crack on the side of his checks that lead up to his left eyes.

He must have gotten inpatient with my silence, since he was about to move forward but the moment I noticed him even flinch a muscle, I grabbed and drew my odachi; preparing for a full on fight, I heard Vernal do the same. But then he just lifted his arms in surrender. Understanding that he didn't carry any ill intention towards me, I sheath my blade but it seemed that Vernal didn't get the message.

Raven: Vernal, put your weapons away and wait outside until I call you back in.

Vernal: But-

Raven: NOW!!

The girl left, leaving me with the unreadable enemy.

Raven: So, Bowman-

Archer: Archer.

Raven: Is there any difference?

Archer: Yeah, one is a term describe a human with the skill to use a bow and arrow, and the other is a classification for Heroic Spirit that are known for their exceptional long range attack. You better remember that, because next time will not be a lecture.

Raven: You threaten me without having any sort of malice surrounding you?

Archer: Why should I? If killing you is part of my job then I would kill you, not because I care but because it's my orders to do.

Raven: So I was right, you are just a mindless soldier to do Salem's bidding. So what are you doing here? making sure I don't betray Cinder, Here to spy on me, or are you here to just kill me?