Abandonment

Snow Forest/ Present Time

Yang: Shirou? You knew?!

Everyone was standing, facing Shirou and Ozpin, with the latter kneeing on the ground silently crying. Shirou turned to Yang.

Shirou: Yes. I've known for such a long time, I really wonder how Oz is able to lie for lifetimes without a problem. Trust me, I hated every minute of it.

Yang: How could you!? I expected this from Him, but you?!
...I thought I knew you.

Shirou clenched his fists, sudden anger bursting him. Finally, reaching his limit of patience.

Shirou: Then you thought wrong!!

His fellow teens were taken aback by this outburst from the red hair. Shirou took a deep breath, before addressing them again.

Shirou: Like I said before, what is your choice?

Ruby: What choice?

Shirou: Are you still going to follow Ozpin, Ozma, whatever he calls himself, to try to DELAY Salem?

Weiss: Why are you making us pick?

Shirou: I'll say this so everyone will understand. Continue our journey to Altas, or to just stop. When we reach Argus, we'll tell Jaune and the others what we learnt and then we go our separate ways.

Blake: separate ways?

Shirou: That's right. You'll go home, or wherever you want go, live your lives and enjoy them. Forget about your responsibilities...And I'll deliver the relic to Ironwood, tell him the truth. Then I'll find Salem and probably use a Noble Phantasm that'll imprison her for all eternally or something, it's probably the best I can do.

Ruby: Shirou, those can't be our only choices, can they?...Professor...

She turns to Ozma.

Ruby: What is your plan to stop Salem?

Ozma: I-...Don't have one.

He hung his head in shame, acknowledging that Shirou's idea is far better than anything he came up with, in the lifetimes he been alive for.

Suddenly, Oscar's face was smacked by Qrow's fist. Sending the wizard flying into a nearby tree, halting his flight. Ozma looked up to face the disgruntled man.

Qrow: No one wanted me. I was cursed. I gave my life to you because you gave me place in this world. I thought I was finally doing some good.

Ozma: But, you are!

Qrow: Meeting you is the worse luck of my life.

Ozma was shock at what Qrow said. He looked around, think about something.

Ozma: Maybe you're right.

His eyes shimmered gold, indicating that Oscar had regained control of his own body. Oscar quickly reacted to the pain from Qrow's punch, wincing in pain.

Ruby: What happened?

Oscar: He's...gone.

Yang: That bastard! Tell him we're not done yet!

Shirou: Yang! That's enough! You're scaring Oscar, and he's already been through enough thanks to Ozpin!

Oscar: No, this is different. He's gone. It-It's like he locked himself deep inside my head! Our head?

The farm boy became frightened, grunting as he held his head.

Oscar: I hate this! I want it to stop!