Chapter 4. Unloved

Recap:

"Alright children enough" Cam says

This is a long chapter so if you were planning on stopping for the night (like I do) after this, I recommend stopping now.

Cara's POV

 "Cam and I have decided on movie night so everyone go shower and put your pajamas on and if you don't get there before 10:00 we are starting the movie without you" Ari played along.

"I GET THE FIRST SHOWER IN ROOM 1" My roomates and I yelled at the same time. Of course Kate gets it because JJ was too busy messing around with my brother to come hug her. Plus they weren't really into PDA like everyone else was. I felt kind of bad for her to be honest. When everyone is cuddling and JJ is sitting with the boys you can see the hurt in her eyes. I know he needs guy time but I've never seen him even hug her.

I told Taylor I was going to get my stuff ready so I can get second shower and he looked over at Matt and Kenzie sucking faces.

"Ok" he said "I'm gonna go get ready before Matt snaps out of Loverland and back into reality" Loverland is something Cameron made up when he was the only single one. It is when people are so into their relationship that you could steal their starbucks and they wouldn't notice until they snapped out of it. All in the dictionary of Cameron Alexander Dallas.

I got all of my stuff ready and put it in the bathroom. Yes Kate was taking her shower but the curtain was closed and we are comfortable around each other with stuff like that. At first she was a little confused but when she figured out it was me she was ok with it. I went back in our room and sat on my bed. Mine was opposite of everyone else's and in the middle, height wise. Mel is on top and Kate is on the bottom.

"Ok! I'm done!" I heard Kate call from the bathroom. I walked in and she was in her bathrobe. I got in the shower and took my clothes off. I threw them over the curtain and turned the water on. Kate was still in the bathroom putting her hair in a bun when I realized I forgot my bathrobe.

"Hey, Kate" I called.

"Yep" she replied. When we were younger and had sleepovers, one of us would sit in the bathroom while the other one was in the shower so we could just talk to each other.

"I kind of forgot my bathrobe" I said and I heard her laughing.

"Nice," she said, "You can use mine after I change"

"K. Thanks, girl" I said and waiting a second before saying "Does it bug you that Jack doesn't cuddle with you or kiss you or hug you?"

"Your brother? No I wouldn't expect him too"

"Kate, I meant JJ" I said in a comforting tone and I hear Kate turn around and lean on the counter.

"Fine. It bugs me sometimes especially when everyone else is. I know he needs guy time but he never hangs out with me. I- I just wished he loved me" her voice cracking during that sentence and I reach for a towel and get out of the shower. I stood where I was looking at her but she was looking down at her feet.

"Kate, I would hug you but my towel will fall"

"Yeah" she chuckled. She wiped her eyes and we both turned away from each other to get dressed.

As soon as we are both dressed, I hugged Kate and let her cry into my shoulder.

"Hey guys what's taking so- OMG Kate are you ok?" Mel asked, walking into the bathroom. She was completely ready to go watch the movie but was waiting for us.

"She's upset about JJ not hugging her and not loving her" I summarized.

"Awh I'm sorry Kate" Mel said.

Knock. Knock. Knock.

Cam poked his head in the door. "We are starting the movie in 5 minutes" he said.

"Thanks" We said. We were all sitting on Kate's bed comforting her about JJ. Mel pulled out her phone and texted the girls group chat. I looked at the text. (btw my girls is the name of the convo, the name is bold parenthesis is the girls name and the one is italitics is the contact)

From: My girls:The bestie (Mel)

411.

We have codes that we use. 411 is boy trouble, 111 is fashion trouble, Girl11 is if you need help with your "Girl Problems", and 911 is in a real emergency just to name a few.

From: My girls:The Carpenter Grande (Ari Grace)

OMG

From: My girls:The cuz (Kenzie)

Awe what's wrong

From: My girls:The vine girl (Kayla)

Melly are you ok

To: My girls

It's not Mel or me, it's Kate

In seconds, the girls were all in our room.

"It's ok, baby girl" Ari said, collecting Kate in her arms. Kate weakly smiled and hugged Ari. 

"Thanks, Ari" Kate said. After a little while we decided to go watch the movie.