Earth Mode ON: THREE

[January 5, 2019, Seoul, South Korea]

The evening sun shone brightly down on me, drying me up completely and making me feel warmer the longer it stayed.

Still, there were no forms of life spotted by me.

I was all alone.

Drifting in the water for a full day, I felt completely worn out and numb. It was as though I possessed no body anymore, as if my soul was already sucked out and is wandering on its own.

There was no food, no clean water, no company, nothing.

I just laid down on the tree trunk that managed to save my life and wondered where life was going to take me.

"Hold on Seo Yeon. Hold on," I told myself as I stared at my reflection while the trunk drifted aimlessly towards the setting sun. Soon enough, the golden reflection of the giant star disappeared and got replaced by a mild, silver one.

I turned around and laid on my back instead. There wasn't any source of light except for the moon and nothing to look at but the stars which shone brightly and beautifully over our now destroyed world. They looked dazzling. The sight of them made me wander in a maze that my brain had created to pass time.

I wonder where my parents are. I wonder if they are even alive or not.

"I don't know where you are right now, but I'll find you. I promise," I talked to the moon. The moon was my only companion. It was the only thing the tsunami failed to reach and I was thankful for its presence.

I sighed then continued looking at the moon.

"Don't leave me, believe Hashiridasu,
No ending.. Kimi wa boku no kodou," I sang, replaying the first song that popped in my mind.

I wonder what happened to Bangtan. They didn't leave long before the tsunami hit.

I sighed again.

There is no use worrying about anything right now though. Nothing would change if I sit back and worry. I need to find a way to land first. I can't stay drifting like that forever.

Then again, I found myself weighing down all the possibilities my brain was capable of thinking of.

If I take my chances and start swimming to the other side, I'll be risking myself in case the water decides to gain speed. But, why would it gain speed? It has been a day since the tsunami happened, everything should be fine by now right? But, what if something happens and I can't make it to the other side? Then I will lose the tree trunk. There is nothing else that is useful in the water. It is only filled with remnants of buildings and cars.