Earth Mode ON: TWENTY THREE

The only thing I was able to hear was the strong pounding of my heart as it echoed in my ears

The only thing I was able to hear was the strong pounding of my heart as it echoed in my ears. My breathing was increasing in pace, but then reached a point where the oxygen wasn't able to move freely throughout my body.

Not again. I can't lose him again. Not after we found each other.

Pacing around wasn't going to be of any help. I knew that if I wanted to save Jimin, I would have to carry him all the way back to Namjoon because he was the one who had the bag with the aid kits. The distance was too long though and I was still injured. Carrying Jimin on my own would be a very difficult task. I'm not saying I thought he was fat. He just had an incredible amount of muscle mass, and it wasn't helping at the moment.

The best I could do was think. I had to make it quick before I lost Jimin for the second time.

It took me some seconds before I decided that I'll try my best to carry Jimin back to Namjoon and Taehyung. I put his arm around me for support and tried to pull him up. I grunted in pain as I lifted him and used my injured leg for support. The moment my body supported his, I felt like I was paralyzed. It was very difficult to move. In fact, I couldn't move at all. I put my body's weight and Jimin's weight too on my injured leg, and it couldn't hold us both.

Okay. This won't work. Let's try supporting Jimin with the other side of my body.

I immediately tried switching Jimin's position until he was on the opposite side of my body. This time, my whole weight was on my healthy leg, and it the whole process felt a bit less painful. I dragged my feet along the floor, letting out slight grunts as I did so. The friction between my feet and the road was too high to the point where I could hear brushing noises. It wasn't pleasant at all.

I walked nearly three steps, but then it suddenly occurred to me and I stopped in my place.

Which direction did we come from?

At this question, my heart started beating so fast and it ached. I felt tears form in the edge of my eyes and my breathing became too difficult. This can't be happening....

"N-Namjoon!" I shouted at the top of my lungs and started looking around me. What I hoped for was that they felt like we were too late and went to look for us. Maybe then they would hear me calling out for them.

"Taehyung!" I shouted, but it didn't seem like it was helping at all.

I closed my eyes for a moment and tried to breath. I tried to relax myself so that I don't mess up. Now it was only a matter of luck. It is either I choose the right direction, or not.

I chose a direction and let fate do its thing. That was the best I could do. I kept on shouting their names as I dragged my body and Jimin's along. The sun was already down, and there was no source of light except for the moon. It wasn't doing its job properly though.