Earth Mode ON: TWENTY FOUR

Life and death

Life and death. Those two words may be made from a small number of letters, but they mean a lot. Sometimes, life can mean happiness, and sometimes it can mean torture. Death itself can be considered as a form of relief, and sometimes it can be the one thing that everyone fears. You can't really associate those two to a single meaning. They confuse you, and you yourself can have mixed feelings towards them. That was exactly what I was facing at that moment. The moment I knew that Jimin was fading away in front of me, life was torture, to me and to him. However, when our guardian angel was sent down to us, I felt like life wasn't what I thought it was anymore. It was all... different. Suddenly, death wasn't the answer and life was pleasant. Pain didn't have a meaning anymore and all I could see was a surreal amount of beauty.  This beauty was exactly what I needed in the middle of all the darkness and pain that I was going through.

"Are you okay?" He asked me with knitted eyebrows, concern filling his voice and face. His voice was nearly gone and so it cracked every now and then as he talked.

I couldn't stop myself from collapsing, but instead of collapsing to the floor, I allowed myself to throw myself in his arms. He was taken aback by the sudden contact, but it didn't matter to me, because he was safe, and that was all that I needed to know. I held him the tightest I possibly could and allowed myself to cry freely. I could tell he felt awkward since he seemed hesitant whether to hug me back or push me away. I could tell that his arms kept on going back and forth, not knowing whether or not to hug me. He finally decided to start patting my back gently. I pulled away immediately then held his face in my hand and started observing it.

I turned his face in all directions and scanned it bit by bit. He had a bruise near his jaw and scratches scattered randomly around his face. There was also a cut in the middle of his lower lip which turned purple around the corners.

"Look at your face," I said with knitted eyebrows then let go of his face.

"What is wrong with it?" He asked me with wide eyes and started touching his face with worry.

I smiled then shook my head," Nothing. Can you help me carry Jimin to Taehyung and Namjoon?"

His eyes widened at what I said and he wanted to scream it out, but his voice was on the verge of disappearing.

"Namjoon and Taehyung are here too?!" He let out and winced in pain.

"Yes. They are. They also have a bag filled with supplies and aid kits. It seems like your vocal chords are destroyed so let's go see what Namjoon has for that," I said with a gentle smile then tried carrying Jimin, but he stopped me.

I looked up at him and asked," What is wrong?"

"What do you think you are doing?" He asked me, and I really didn't know how to answer.