Earth Mode ON: EIGHT

I shut my eyes even tighter and frowned at feeling my body shake

I shut my eyes even tighter and frowned at feeling my body shake. Knowing that it was probably Jimin waking me up, I frowned even more, wondering why he would want to wake me up when I didn't want to face a new day.

"Jimin, stop," I said with annoyance, my eyes shut even tighter. I rotated my whole body in hopes that Jimin would understand that I still wanted to sleep a bit more, but the shaking didn't stop. I heard nothing from Jimin. In fact, all I was capable of hearing after turning my body to the other side was the sound of the water currents and the wind.

For real Jimin?

"What do you want?" I whined then started opening my eyes slowly when the shaking finally ceased. My vision was kind of out of focus, but as I blinked a couple of times, it got adjusted on its own.

I sat on my knees and looked around me. Jimin was still sleeping peacefully on the ground next to me. I frowned at seeing him fast asleep.

So he wasn't the one who shook me?

Suddenly, I felt my body shake again, but this time the intensity of the shake was too strong that I lost my balance and fell on my torso.

There was no room for me comprehend what was happening. The fact that the ground was shaking was written wide and clear in my brain and I didn't need to stay put any longer to find out what was going to happen next because my body went into panic mode.

"Jimin! Jimin wake up!" I shouted as I shook him along with the ground's intense force.

He woke up alerted shouting," What?! What?!"

"It's an earthquake! We have to run!" I shouted and instantly helped him up. There were no trees around us, so all we hoped for was to either find a tree, or just run away from whatever we were going to have to face. As I said before, I wasn't willing to stick around to find out exactly what we should be running from, so I just took my chances and ran either way.

Limping on a stable ground was difficult enough without having to carry someone on your shoulder or to run, so the fact that the ground was shaking and Jimin and I were running desperately for our lives wasn't helping at all. I thought that maybe everything would end with that earthquake and we would eventually stop running, but I was wrong. As we ran as fast as we could, I heard cracking noises and that was when I turned around and noticed that the ground behind us was breaking apart.

"Oh God no!" I shouted.

"What?!" Jimin shouted as he ran and then looked back. Once he noticed the cracking of the ground, his eyes widened.

"Run!" He shouted and so we attempted to run even faster. Of course what we did wasn't even counted as running, but we tried our best. It would be best if we called it fast limping.

We both knew deep down that we wouldn't survive this. If the ground swallowed the both of us, we were done.

Running was the most difficult thing to do at the moment. We were both out of energy, thirsty and also severely injured, so it was completely fair to assume that nature hated us.