Earth Mode ON: FOURTY EIGHT

My breath was caught in my throat for too long to the point that I felt suffocated

My breath was caught in my throat for too long to the point that I felt suffocated. All the voices around me mixed with the sound of the ferocious wind became faint as my awareness of my surroundings decreased. All I could see were Yoongi and Jungkook's pale bodies as they remained extremely still on the cold, stiff ground. The blue color of their frozen lips was all that I could pay attention to. The faint sound of the air that ran in and out of their lungs was all I was capable of hearing. All my senses were diverted to serving Yoongi and Jungkook's well being, and it frightened me. The thought of not seeing them move again frightened me. The thought of not hearing the sound of their faint breaths frightened me. The thought of losing them forever after being together, even if not physically, for too long frightened me. Everything about the current situation frightened me.

"Somebody check up on the both of them! Please!" Namjoon begged the nurses who immediately came to our aid. Both Namjoon and I were on our knees next to their frozen bodies, eyes pouring out their supply of tears. The nurses came running to our direction with two stretchers and the male doctors helped carry both of them on separate stretchers to the operation room of the tent.

The moment the nurses were out of our sight, the people in the tent started taking care of their own business and forgot about us after watching the whole scene. Some of them gave us looks of sympathy, while others ignored the fact that someone we knew was dying and focused on the fact that Namjoon tore down the sheet. The wind was taking over the entire tent, and the atmosphere was, in fact, way too cold for anyone to handle without proper winter clothes. The tent began filling up on snow as well, and it only made everything worse. The people here in the tent were all supplied with woolen blankets and warm jackets while we had nothing but our old, ragged, summer clothes. We cried for a bit before we felt like our tears were going to turn into ice if we cried more, so we kept them stored in there which made our eyes look like a pool. Namjoon and I stayed there on the floor for long, hoping for some good news. It was really hard to remain still in our situation though. The both of us were shivering so hard to the point where our teeth were about to fall off. Some nurses noticed the state we were in, so we were immediately taken to an empty bed far away from the exit of the tent and were supplied with blankets and jackets.

There weren't any more beds to spare, so Namjoon and I had to share the same one. There weren't even any more available chairs, and we weren't planning to borrow one from anyone. The two of us even decided to share the blankets that we were given so that we can receive double the amount of warmth. I could feel the cold air coming from Namjoon's mouth as he panted hit the back of my neck and it made me shiver even more. His breaths were uneven and heavy, which made the frequency of the air hitting my skin higher, and it made me feel colder. I decided to sink even more under the blanket to cover my neck from the air coming out of Namjoon's mouth and just held onto the edge of the blanket for dear life.

We laid there for about half and hour, unable to close our eyes or get any form of rest. We didn't even have the chance to feel warm due to the fright we were in. After those thirty minutes passed, we found a nurse running into our direction, so we both sat straight.