Earth Mode ON: FIFTY TWO

More and more days passed and we were still stuck in the same tent

More and more days passed and we were still stuck in the same tent. Time was passing, but the four of us seemed to be stuck in time. Everything around us was changing. The wind that once stopped blowing started attacking our tents again, but this time more fiercely than it originally did. We were scared, extremely scared. The four of us were terrified of what to come later on. There was always this fear of losing each other one day when we were the only thing that we owned at the moment. There was nothing that we could possibly do but sit and wait for everything to be over. Sometimes, Jungkook and I would sit together and try to guess what day, or even what time, it was while Namjoon and Yoongi would take some time alone for themselves. I didn't know what Yoongi had to go through, but everytime I passed by him as he sat next to the sheets and stared outside at the snow, I could see the glistening of his eyes. Seeing him in pain brought out everything that was hidden in me. It made me feel like sacrificing myself for his happiness. He most probably missed everyone, and was wondering where they were or what kind of hardships they had to go through. I wondered why he always chose to sit by the sheets instead of his bed, but then it occurred to me: what if he was waiting to spot one of the members the same way Namjoon and I were capable of spotting him and Jungkook in the middle of the storm? What if all this while he spent his whole day and endured some sleepless nights just to look for his brothers? Those questions kept me awake at night, and because of them I found the need to sit back and watch Yoongi as he sat there on the cold, hard floor. The spark I saw in his eyes back then was disappearing and was being replaced by cold, stiff ice. The more he spent on the floor, waiting for someone to appear, the more his body became lifeless, but there was nothing I could for him.

Jungkook, on the other hand, couldn't stay still. During the times when him and I didn't sit together, he used to wander around the whole tent, looking for any clue that would lead him to his hyungs. The determination I saw in his eyes was equally as painful as the ice I saw in Yoongi's. The fact that he kept on looking in the same spots repeatedly every single day despite him not finding anything made my heart ache. It was because of me that both of them were hurting. It was because I refused to let them know the truth. Namjoon observed everything from afar, not knowing what to do anymore. The three of them were in a big mess and I couldn't do anything but sit in the middle of the tent and watch the three of them tear their souls apart. I knew there was going to be a time when everything was going to be alright, when I'll be able to confront them with the truth, just not now. Each and every single one of us felt pain, and the cure was in each one of us. We just had to take our time and find it.