Earth Mode ON: THIRTY

The ride was silent

The ride was silent. Since it was most probably our only chance with peace and quiet, we wanted to use it as efficiently as we possibly could, so each one of us lived in his own dreamland. My dreamland, however, was more like a land filled with horror and nightmares. Many negative thoughts filled my head, and everytime I tried to overcome it and think positively, I would always fail. The thought that nothing would ever be the same again was the one thing that scared me. I could go back to being a computer science major college student but not find a family to live with. There is also a probability that I'll go back and won't find any of my friends alive. My life will flip a hundred and eighty degrees and there won't be anything I can do about it, and as life goes on, I'll grow even more miserable and desperate for my old life to come back.

All these thoughts roamed in my head and soon I started realizing that the only time I would be able to truly relax is when everything turns back to normal.

The men around me didn't seem in a better condition either. Taehyung seemed to be focused on the road, Namjoon seemed to be staring off into nature, Jin seemed to be relaxing completely, and Chung Ae seemed to have fallen asleep, but I knew that despite their calm physique, there was a whole  internal war taking place inside of them. There was no way that they would not feel conflicted. They had so many people to worry about: their company's staff, the rest of the members, their families, and their friends. Even if they return to their lives, it won't be any easier than it used to be. They will face a lot of difficulties, and they will go through a lot of challenges. The only thing that would keep us all sane is each other. Their safety would make us ARMYs feel a bit better, and our safety and presence by their side will encourage them to move through those challenges no matter what. Despite knowing all this, I still chose to go on. We all did, because we believed in hope; we believed in life; we believed in fate; we believed in nature.

●●●●●●●●●

I looked at the truck in front of us, then at Taehyung, and back to Jimin. He seemed to be doing well. His breathing seemed to be stable and everytime I checked his pulse, it appeared to me that it was doing fine too.

Thank God.

I smiled as I observed every detail in his face.

I will never get such a chance again in life, might as well enjoy it to the maximum.

After a minute of taking in his godly features, I looked outside the car again. We were still in the district, surrounding us many buildings and some remaining trees. We kept on taking many turns right and left, and sometimes we'd drive straight ahead for long.

After some time, we passed by a sports park. Some of the football cages were still up, and some others were down. Most of the trees in the park were still up, and it made me smile.