Earth Mode ON: NINE

I found him

I found him. Finally!

After nearly two days of desperately looking for him, I found him. He didn't seem in a good condition either, but his injuries didn't look serious.

"Taehyung!" I whispered to myself and a smile crawled on my face, washing away all the stress that I felt and replaced it with utter relief.

"Where were you going?" He asked me, but I couldn't do anything but smile.

He managed to pull me up and we both landed on the grass.

"Phew! I almost missed you! I would've never forgiven myself," he said and I couldn't help but hug him tight. The amount of relief that I felt for finding him and also because he managed to save me was indescribable, and it felt almost as though I was granted a new chance at living. Actually, that was exactly what I believed it was: a new chance at living.

"Thank you so much! Thank you so so so much!" I said while holding him tight against my own trembling body and let a tear escape my eye.

I still wasn't capable of registering what had happened, especially that my life was about to end a couple of moments ago, but the sight of Taehyung all safe was all it took to bring me back to life.

It took me a long moment to realize what I was doing, but when I finally did, I let go of his torso rapidly and allowed my face to turn red.

I was going to apologize to him for what I had done until a strange voice startled me.

"Rough landing, I know. But you're welcome," I saw a man, who seemed like he was in his early twenties, stand from behind another fallen tree that was a bit far from where we were standing.

I looked at Taehyung with knitted eyebrows, waiting for an introduction.

He kept on looking back and forth between the two of us with a goofy smile until he noticed that he didn't introduce him to me yet.

"Oh, he is Chung Ae. He is a hero," Taehyung told me.

"Hero?" I asked him with my eyebrows raised.

"If it weren't for him, I would've died. Just the same way you would've died if it wasn't for him too!" Taehyung said with his boxy smile.

This Chung Ae guy started approaching us while dusting his pants and shirt. I took this chance to observe my surroundings and I wasn't disappointed. The area around us was mainly comprised of muddy grass, just like the previous one, except that in a distance I was capable of seeing the silhouette of trees.

I diverted my attention to the man who was now reaching out with his hand to shake mine and accepted the handshake.

"Hi. I'm Chung Ae. And you?" He asked me with a smile. He was an average looking Korean, with black hair and normal features. Nothing was too special or maybe it felt that way because there was an angel standing next to him. I didn't know.