Chapter 34: Is This A Date?

MANDYS POV::

Getting ready to go out with Brian and I have never been so nervous.  It's not like a date,  just getting me out of the house for a little.  I will admit,  I have been cooped up way too long and sitting here is making me more and more depressed.  

"What time are you meeting with Brian?" Roxy yells out from the kitchen. 

I poke my head out of the bedroom,  "7 o'clock he's picking me up." 

Im not getting over dressed, but i'm ditching the ripped jeans for the night.  I put my hair in a pony tail and put on leggings and a long sweater.  I take a look in the mirror,  "I need a new look..." My phone buzzes.

Brian: Hey sweetheart,  I'll be there soon.  

Me: Sounds good,  just finishing getting ready. 

I feel my face getting warm and my hearts fluttering.  "Pull yourself together Mandy," I say while putting my boots on. 

I come out of the bedroom and sit at the counter.  "You look so cute!" Roxy squeals while grabbing a water out of the fridge.  

"Thanks, but it's nothing special. "

"You ditched the jeans,  its definitely special, " Roxy says while smirking. 

I throw her a shut up look. 

::BUZZ::

Brain: Hey im outside whenever you're ready. 

Me: Ok, I'll be right out!

"Well guess I'm gonna head out,  I won't be out long, " I tell Roxy while I grab my purse and head for the door. 

"Chris is coming by later to help with some stuff,  so don't worry if your late coming home... stay out as long as you like, " she replies with a giggle. 

"Eewwwww," I say back,  making gagging noises.

Well... here goes my date.....or not date?

--------------------------------

Sorry it took me FOREVER to update.  So much has been happening. With this virus going on I hope everyone is safe and healthy.  I will be able to update more now since were all quarantined for a while.  Hope you all continue reading and thank you everyone.  Stay safe and stay healthy!!